No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs

Started by meatwad, April 28, 2004, 04:14:55 PM

meatwad

this seems a little fishy to me, but i figured i'd post it anyway...

from punknews.org

Ananova is reporting that Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon has selected none other than Justin Timberlake to portray him in the film version of his autobiography "No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs," set to be directed by Penelope Spheeris. Timberlake apparently told Lydon he would portray him in the film under one condition: Lydon must stay away from the set. No word on when production will start.

Just Withnail

Is this a joke? If not, how the hell can Timberlake have the nerve to say something like that after being honored with the opportunity to play Lydon. And can the guy even act? His voice definitely won't match up to Lydons so what's the point? Why not get an actor?

Sleepless

This may sadly be true. It was in Variety last week.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

coffeebeetle

If this is true, then what a shitty idea.  I would like to see Gary Oldman play this guy.  I know he portrayed Vicious, but I think he could pull this off and much better than Timberlake.  :evil:
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)