Celebrities Gone Wild

Started by MacGuffin, September 18, 2004, 05:48:48 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 14, 2011, 03:22:58 PM
I know nothing on the topic, but I just found this. Hmm.

http://justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml

i knew nothing either but now i'm convinced she did it.

i think in matters like this there's only one person alive who knows the entire truth.. RK.
under the paving stones.

Reel

I think that site is horse crap. No fingerprints found on the gun, or pen, or syringe or anything seems strange, but I don't subscribe to that theory at all. RK should know, though..

Robyn

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 14, 2011, 03:22:58 PM
I know nothing on the topic, but I just found this. Hmm.

http://justiceforkurt.com/investigation/reasons.shtml

I was gearing up to write a whole long post going point by point into how the Cobain murder theory is full of crap, but then I got too tired and realized it's not worth the finger strain of typing it out.  So here's a fart noise to represent how I feel about it: pthbpbthbthpbth.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

:yabbse-thumbup: good fart noise.

I can't even begin to dispute the claims that he was killed because I haven't really looked any further into it outside of what's described in the Kurt & Courtney documentary ( which I thought was bogus! ) but it really irks me how they try to make the point that "Kurt was not suicidal,"  just because some accounts of people close to him said he seemed fine, that happens all the time with suicide cases. I actually think I read in Charles Cross's book "Heavier than Heaven" that suicide ran in Kurt's family and he even told a kid when he was younger that he planned to become a famous rockstar and then kill himself, but that could be as close to hearsay as what's on that site. Stupid, stupid, site.

RegularKarate

Quote from: KarlJan on November 14, 2011, 06:47:52 PM
I think he is still alive.

I am.

If all you read was that website, I could see how someone could think it was murder, but I don't think it was.

I was a HUGE Nirvana fan when Kurt died.  I was in highschool and thought K.C. was J.C.  As much as I dislike Courtney Love, she didn't have Kurt murdered. 

Neil

Wasn't there like a guy from motothead or something that said courtney approached him and offered him cash to kill kurt or did i just make this up.

I could swear, I saw it in a doc once.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

Quote from: Neil on November 15, 2011, 12:05:18 PM
Wasn't there like a guy from motothead or something that said courtney approached him and offered him cash to kill kurt or did i just make this up.

I could swear, I saw it in a doc once.

You mean the guy on the site that everyone is talking about?

Yeah. Thanks for the input.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Courtney Love rants about Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl – video

Courtney Love has slammed Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl in the aftermath of her onstage rant at Brazil's SWU festival last weekend (November 13) – scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to watch.

The Hole singer stormed off the stage at the Sao Paulo bash after a crowd member held up a picture of her late husband Kurt Cobain during the gig, and only returned after her entourage convinced the crowd to chant: "The Foo Fighters are gay".

She then made a thinly veiled dig at the former Nirvana drummer, telling the audience: "I don't care what you listen to at home, but if a guy takes off money off my kid's table, fuck him."

In an interview recorded after the show, she continued to criticise Grohl for making money from the Nirvana name even though he "didn't write one fucking note" for the band.

"I wasn't in Nirvana," she said. "However, I do own Nirvana, with my daughter, and because of tax laws I have to give money to his sister, Kim Cobain, and [Kurt's mother] Wendy Cobain."

She then went on to add:

Dave makes $5 million a show, he doesn't need the money – so why the fuck does he have a Nirvana Inc. credit card and I don't? And last week, he bought an Aston Martin on it.

The singer also claimed that Kim Cobain was homeless and lived under the same bridge Cobain mentioned in the track 'Something In The Way' from their 1991 album 'Nevermind', and also downplayed Grohl's significance to Nirvana, adding: "He didn't even write the drum riff for 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'. Kurt owns 100% of that publishing."

She concluded by saying: "Forget me, I make tons of money - my daughter and Kim Cobain, Wendy Cobain and [Kurt's half-sister] Brianne Cobain is what I care about."

Hole are currently touring the world and recently pulled out of a planned stint on Australia's Soundwave Festival after Courtney Love discovered that her band would be below Limp Bizkit on the bill.

Jeremy Blackman

And if you delete that post too, I'm deleting your account. Don't mess with the Onion.

(That one is a classic.)

Reel

this one will get responses. the other one was funny but totally overshadowed by you're breaking newsstory

Jeremy Blackman

The interview with the girl at the end is a particularly bold move. It reminds me of some of the more controversial Today Now! bits, which are usually amazing.

Reel

It seems like they can get kids to do anything these days, with Chloe Moretz dropping F and C bombs in 'Kick Ass'. I remember I found The Exorcist really shocking for the language they had coming from the mouth of a 12 year old. It wasn't really until tonight when I heard her say "You're mother sucks cocks in hell" on this Tv special that I remembered they hired a guy to do that voice, duh.

Jeremy Blackman

I know I'm sort of derailing this thread (may split this part off), but I think this is the most controversial Onion video I've seen. Well, at least the one that shocked me the most.

http://www.theonion.com/video/courageous-man-refuses-to-believe-he-has-cancer,14312/

Post any contenders you think might top that.