Clique- my new short...maybe

Started by reelistics07, November 08, 2004, 10:04:36 PM

reelistics07

clique is a short about a group of kids in the san fernando valley who wear leather jackets and hang on the beach and rollerskate eveyrwhere they go. they go into the supermarket on rollerskates, they pick up chicks at the drive in, they hang out alot.
one kid named matt wants to join but no one is feeling him, they jump him and leave him on the beach so crack heads can kid nap.. but matt strikes back and starts his own clique, a bicycling clique thats all about bicycling, they are based in san francisco and race bladers on saturday. matts clique members are georgie, franky, bobby, stevie, and julius. the other click  "bladerz" is tombo, jumnaut, frankal, herbert, and henry.

so far the script (well there is none) doesnt have much meaning, who can help me organize this so it can have some meaning, like an allegory for love or masculinity or california or something, its set in the 80's i hope you like it.

Weak2ndAct

Here's an idea for your short: add a character who thinks before they speak.  And when you're done writing, burn the script and apply to ITT.

El Duderino

Quote from: reelistics07san fernando valley
boogie nights
Quoterollerskate eveyrwhere
boogie nights
Quotethey jump him and leave him
boogie nights
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Gamblour.

Quote from: reelistics07
so far the script (well there is none) doesnt have much meaning, who can help me organize this so it can have some meaning, like an allegory for love or masculinity or california or something, its set in the 80's i hope you like it.

Let's see...since it's set in the eighties, you should have the kids be really angsty, like rebelling against Reagan. In fact, have them pee on a picture of Reagan (or pour some of their nonalcoholic beer) and say, "How's that for trickle down economics?"

The bikers should be sponsored by IBM or something and their bikes are made of titanium and fiberglass and RAM (and angst). And the bladerz are like against that corporate shit, in fact they are sponsored by oranges, like farmers and shit, because that represents California like you wanted (make sure your audience knows it's not Florida, have signs and stuff saying so).

Also, to show off masculinity, besides the fact that they're wearing leather jackets on the beach, have one of them challenge a biker, beat him, then whip out an unusally long penis (Boogie Nights). It will be awkward, yet symbolic.

This idea is coming together. For now, let's put it in the 'maybe' pile.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs