Future PTA project??

Started by kassius, December 11, 2003, 06:01:16 PM

kassius

I was going to post this in the topic at the top of the message board, but it is "locked".

Anyway, on the "Boogie Nights" DVD, you can watch Michael Penn's music video "Try".  There, PTA, the director, gives commentary on the video.  In it, he mentions that it was shot in a building in Los Angeles.  Most noteably, the building contains the longest hallway in any building (double-check the fact, if you want).

So.. PTA talked about how he wants to create a movie centering around a number of characters in each room of one particular flood in the building.

Does anybody know if this mixing of characters is what ended up becoming "Magnolia" or if the idea is still stuck in PTA's head?

Sounds sort of interesting.

kotte

I think Magnolia was all done when the 'Try' commentary was recorded.

Good idea though. Sounds Moagnolia-esque but he'll do something different for sure :)

cowboykurtis

Quote from: kotteSounds Moagnolia-esque but he'll do something different for sure :)

you seem quite certian of yourself.
...your excuses are your own...

kotte

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: kotteSounds Moagnolia-esque but he'll do something different for sure :)

you seem quite certian of yourself.

I know my PTA...and why the hell would he do Magnolia 2?

A studio decision perhaps  :?

SHAFTR

I hope he goes outside of the San Fernando Valley.

EDIT: #1000!!!
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SHAFTRI hope he goes outside of the San Fernando Valley.

What do you call Hard Eight?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

Maybe the next one will be in Torrance... that'd be cool if he made a movie where characters from the other movies reprise their roles in a cameo, thus tying the PTA universe together... hrm... eeenteresting.

molly

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickMaybe the next one will be in Torrance... that'd be cool if he made a movie where characters from the other movies reprise their roles in a cameo, thus tying the PTA universe together... hrm... eeenteresting.

that one would be 6 hours long

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickMaybe the next one will be in Torrance... that'd be cool if he made a movie where characters from the other movies reprise their roles in a cameo, thus tying the PTA universe together... hrm... eeenteresting.

Sounds kind of like a Stephen King thing, or, put in a bad context, PTA's own 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'!

ElPandaRoyal

You gotta love these PTA/Kevin Smith posts...
Si

brockly

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionPTA's own 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'!

INT. OUTSIDE A THEATRE - NIGHT

Reed
So what did ya think?

Dirk
What the fuck was up with those fucking frogs, man?

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: Brock Landers
Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionPTA's own 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back'!

EXT. OUTSIDE A THEATRE - NIGHT

Reed
So what did ya think?

Dirk
What the fuck was up with those fucking frogs, man?

Dirk
Where you going, Rollergirl?

Rollergirl
Jack wants me to go look at that guy's cock over there... I think his name is Barry...

later on...

Barry
Oh, hello.  What's your name sweetie.

Rollergirl
My name's Rollergirl... we're gonna fuck, but you better not come inside!

Barry
Ok!  You know, you're so beautiful, I just want to break your fuckin' face in.

Sydney
Don't talk to her that way you sick fuck.  Get the fuck off her (pointing a gun).

Rollergirl
Syd, Jack told me to come fuck this guy

Sydney
Look, go find Jack and leave.  Get as far away from this place as you can.

Rollergirl
Ok, Syd, i'm sorry!

Sydney
It's ok... just don't tell Jack that I killed his mom's uncle's friend's girlfriend.