BOTTOM TEN - 2003!!!!!

Started by MacGuffin, December 28, 2003, 11:09:58 PM

Raikus

Quote from: analogzombieat the end not only is the guy shot but then he falls on a land mine, which seems to be on a 3 second delay for some reason, and blows into pieces!!!
Not to quibble, and since I haven't seen the movie I'm not sure, but if he landed on a land mine, why would it explode? If he became a zombie and got up off it, then it would explode, right?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

i just rented charlie's angels 2 the other day, hoping it would be atleast half as fun as the first one, but man- mac, u're absolutely right. diaz was hotter than before, as was lucy, but besides that, it was sooooo stupid. exhausting even. blah.

RegularKarate

See, Charlies Angels 2 was all about Crispen Glover so I'm not gonna put it on my list (though it was pretty bad).

In no particular order:

-Matrix sequels ( just because of the disapointment)
-Shanghai Knights
-Anger Management
-Terminator 3
-Irreversable (I thought it was 02, but it was another list)

I tend to forget the bad and remember the good, so I'm sure I'm leaving some off.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: MacGuffin1. Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle
2. Dreamcatcher
3. The Hunted
4. Cold Creek Manor
5. Shanghai Knights
6. Bulletproof Monk
7. Out Of Time
8. Bad Boys II
9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
10. Wrong Turn

Holy shit this list is perfect

Almost perfect. I still think The Hunted is good, and I don't think you can really pass judgement on Charlies Angels 2 because it defies it. I liked it a whole lot (but didn't like the first one, so go figure).

Oh, and I think I enjoyed Shanghai Knights. But I don't really remember anything about it, so I won't contest that one.

cine

1. The Cat In The Hat
2. The Cat In The Hat
3. The Cat In The Hat
4. The Cat In The Hat
5. The Cat In The Hat
6. The Cat In The Hat  
7. The Cat In The Hat & Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle (Tie)
8. The Cat In The Hat
9. The Cat In The Hat
10. The Cat In The Hat

Jeremy Blackman

The biggest disappointments:

1. Anger Management
2. Master and Commander
3. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
4. Pirates of the Carribbean
5. Mystic River
6. Matchstick Men
7. Johnny English
8. Matrix Reloaded
9. Holes
10. Irreversible

analogzombie

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: analogzombieat the end not only is the guy shot but then he falls on a land mine, which seems to be on a 3 second delay for some reason, and blows into pieces!!!
Not to quibble, and since I haven't seen the movie I'm not sure, but if he landed on a land mine, why would it explode? If he became a zombie and got up off it, then it would explode, right?

good point, but hey it's Jerry Bruckheimer & Michael Bay. and that little point makes the ending all the beter to me. Even more illogical than it was before!

And to me the absolute worst films of 2003 were.... (drum roll)....

MATRIX Reloaded & MATRIX Revolutions in a tie for most dissapointing, biggest waste of money, largest blown opportunity, and just plain more filthily disgustingly bad movies of the year!
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

GoneSavage

Anger Management did suck.  I forgot that one.  The ending was WAY out of left field.  It pains me too, being such a huge Nicholson fan.

And no, I was NOT kidding about Kill Bill, that movie sucked f*cking ass, and I wanted to like it so bad, but man, I hate that movie.

bonanzataz

fie on you, satan!

yes, i agree that anger management could've been a LOT better. but, in terms of making me laugh and me getting enjoyment out of it, it was an A- or B+. and it's on my 10 best because i can watch it over and over again and still laugh. so there.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GoneSavage

I'm in no way disregarding your opinion, merely stating my own.

Alethia

Quote from: GoneSavageAnd no, I was NOT kidding about Kill Bill, that movie sucked f*cking ass, and I wanted to like it so bad, but man, I hate that movie.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!

Banky

1.Anger Managment
2.Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3.The Hulk
4.Charlies Angels
5.Bruce Almighty
6.Dumb and Dumberer
7.The Italian Job
8.American Wedding

Keep in mind that i have not seen all that many movies but these are the ones i could think of that were awful

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

cine

Quote from: Banky1.Anger Managment
2.Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3.The Hulk
4.Charlies Angels
5.Bruce Almighty
6.Dumb and Dumberer
7.The Italian Job
8.American Wedding

Keep in mind that i have not seen all that many movies but these are the ones i could think of that were awful
Ouch. I felt that half of those were good.  :|

Weird. Oh

I havent' seen enough in '03 to make a top 10 (I try to steer clear of crap). From what i have seen I though Anger Management sucked a big one compared to the potential. National Security was a horrible movie I was actually pissed off at it because of all the racial jokes in it against whites. Another one I personally thought was really bad was Phone Booth. It was good for a movie that was basically just in a Phone Booth but the premise itself is just stupid.  A funny top 10 worst list I've read was here  http://worldfilm.about.com/cs/toppicks/tp/worstof2003.htm

That is a legitimate website and their worst picks are a complete joke. Most of the films are top 10 best everywhere else.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.