What did you see this weekend?

Started by Teen Wolf, September 29, 2003, 12:02:24 PM

Raikus

Quote from: Cecilmay
What did you think?

I thought it was very loooong and didn't have that much plot output. Overall I was very underwhelmed.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

godardian

Quote from: coffeebeetleSorry godardian.  Kneejerk reaction.  

I'm dying to see her in Prozac Nation though, and not just because of the alleged sex/nudity.  I also thought she was excellent in The Man Who Cried (with a knockout cast too IMO).  Have you seen?

Have not seen, though am always curious about Sally Potter... mostly remember Ricci from The Opposite of Sex. Could ANYONE make Elizabeth Wurtzel into a "character" worth paying any attention to? That's a mighty tall order, Ms. Ricci!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Cecil

i like may alot. i wish i could find all cheerleaders must die

Alethia

cabin fever
the lady eve
miller's crossing
once upon a time in mexico
breathless (liked it much better this time round)
before night falls
moon over parador

Gold Trumpet

Only one: Animal House.

Its enjoyable but so many of the jokes are just lame. A movie near perfect when you're a kid.

~rougerum

NEON MERCURY

At Close Range.....finally..thanks for the suggestion
bought if for 9.99......great film..

and ...evil dead  and army of darkness

..Risky Business......

Quote from: kotteTigerland

....... :yabbse-thumbup:

Ernie

I didn't watch one single movie this weekend! It feel weird...not in a good way either. I was THIS close to seeing Once Upon a Time in Mexico which I've been dying to see...but I missed out. We were on vacation in Martha's Vineyard...which fucking rocks...but there was only one little movie theatre and they got rid of it on the sunday I would have been able to see it. I was in a wedding (not a boring one, a good one) the day before so I didn't really have the time.

So I'm really in for it this weekend and Columbus weekend. I gotta see Lost in Translation, School of Rock, Kill Bill, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and maybe Elephant and Mystic River if they get released early. Man, great years for movies can be exhausting...but in a good way! The best way! I just have some catching up to do.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ebeamanwho cares what he wrote

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a happy little reunion week this has been.

welcome back Ebe's!!

Teen Wolf

smash

Alethia

kill bill, intolerable cruelty, mystic river, school of rock

Alexandro

went to see Baraka on friday...kinda cool, but it just felt and looked sooooooo 90's to me...there were some brilliant moments, though...

The Big Lebowski on saturday like for the 1002978973th time...and it worked again...

So, maybe that's why I felt kind of dessapointed with Intolerable Cruelty on saturday night...it was funny, but not THAT funny...most of the time it felt like: "are you checking this out???, It's over the top, it's funny!!!"...but the George Clooney Zeta Jones scenes were fucking great...and Clooney is at his best here...

Find Your Magali

Watched the entire Season 1 of the BBC's "The Office" on DVD, and fell in love with it.

The thread I was hoping to get some discussion in is here, in a somewhat odd place:

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3635

Teen Wolf

Fernando

The summary of all last week. All of them for the first time.

Rio Bravo - Great film

May - Good but not really scary, although it freaked me out a little bit.

Bowling for Columbine - Powerful doc.

North by Northwest - WOW, it deserves its own thread, loved the outdoors shots.

All the Real Girls - The first five minutes thought it was so boring, by the time they reach the cafe I was hooked, and Zooey is a goddess. Loved the film.

Nicotina - Mexican film with Diego Luna, it was fairly entertaining.