Knight of Cups

Started by MacGuffin, May 28, 2011, 03:26:02 PM

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

Knight of Cups.

Natalie doesn't want to dance.
Ascension.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

Ascension.

wilder

Axolotl

Holy shit that looks fantastic

polkablues

Beautiful. It's like the best side of Malick sprinkled with the best side of Aronofsky.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Yeah, I just watched the trailer and i'm glad you guys are as excited as me. This Looks great.

Kellen

looking forward to this.

samsong

any and all new malick is cause for celebration for me so being excited about this is par for the course, but it really does look amazing. 

what the fuck is a knight of cups?

god bless the internet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_of_Cups

"If the card is upright, it represents change and new excitements, particularly of a romantic nature. It can mean invitations, opportunities, and offers. The Knight of Cups is a person who is a bringer of ideas, opportunities and offers. He is constantly bored, and in constant need of stimulation, but also artistic and refined. He represents a person who is amiable, intelligent, and full of high principles, but a dreamer who can be easily persuaded or discouraged.

Reversed, the card represents unreliability and recklessness. It indicates fraud, false promises and trickery. It represents a person who has trouble discerning when and where the truth ends and lies begin."

i'm thankful malick is still making movies.

Pwaybloe

I agree with everyone else that this looks like it has some heavy potential. This looks like a very hard right turn for Malick. Let's hope he doesnt decide to edit all what you see in the trailer out of the final product, like he is apt to doing.

Sleepless

The official synopsis is golden:

Once there was a young prince whose father, the king of the East, sent him down into Egypt to find a pearl. But when the prince arrived, the people poured him a cup. Drinking it, he forgot he was the son of a king, forgot about the pearl and fell into a deep sleep. Rick's (Bale) father used to read this story to him as a boy. The road to the East stretches out before him. Will he set forth?

Lottery

I didn't understand all the excitement behind the trailer in this thread but this is one nice poster.