The 2005 Awards Season Has Started!

Started by MacGuffin, December 01, 2004, 01:42:12 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobDoes this mean the 2005 Xixax Awards are coming up?
Haven't we done it around Oscar time in the past?

I know I still have a lot to see.

MacGuffin

More Critics Veer "Sideways"

Another day, another batch of movie reviewers are saluting Sideways.

The quirky wine-quaffing road movie was toasted as best picture of 2004 by two more groups: the Chicago Film Critics Association and the Southeastern Film Critics Association.

Already the toast of the pre-Oscar awards season, Sideways has been named Best Picture by professional movie watchers in New York (both the New York Film Critics Circle and the New York Film Critics Online), Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston. The indie comedy was named one of the year's 10 best by the American Film Institute and the National Board of Review and led the list of nominees for the Golden Globe Awards, Critics' Choice Awards and Independent Spirit Awards.

In addition to Best Picture, the Chicago Film Critics Association bestowed four other honors on the film, which follows two middle-aged friends on a quest for wine, women and adventure before one of them marches down the aisle. The Chitown types lauded Sideways for Best Actor (Paul Giamatti), Supporting Actor (Thomas Haden Church ) and Actress (Windy City native Virginia Madsen) and Best Screenplay (shared by director Alexander Payne and writing partner Jim Taylor).

Payne, however, came up short in the Best Director race, finishing behind Hollywood veteran Clint Eastwood for the boxing drama, Million Dollar Baby. Scrubs star Zach Braff was dubbed Best New Director for his debut, Garden State.

Imelda Staunton added to her growing Oscar buzz by nabbing the Chicago critics' Best Actress award for her performance in Mike Leigh's abortion-themed period piece Vera Drake. Jean-Pierre Jeunet's sweeping World War I epic, A Very Long Engagement, which reunited him with his Amélie star Andrey Tautou, was selected Best Foreign Film.

Michael Moore's controversial Fahrenheit 9/11 walked away with Best Documentary honors. Most Promising Performer went to actress Catalina Sandino Moreno for her turn as a drug smuggler in the indie hit Maria Full of Grace.

There was a tie for Best Cinematography between famed Hong Kong-based lensman Christopher Doyle for his work on Hero and Robert Richardson for The Aviator. The Aviator also earned composer Howard Shore a nod for Best Score.

Meanwhile, the Southeastern Film Critics Association gave its Director Award to Payne, Adapted Screenplay to Payne and Taylor, and supporting acting honors to Church and Madsen.

Jamie Foxx was named Best Actor for Ray, while Annette Bening earned Best Actress props for Being Julia. Charlie Kaufman reeled in Best Original Screenplay for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fahrenheit 9/11 grabbed Best Documentary, and Maria Full of Grace snagged Best Foreign-Language Film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Voice film critics see beauty in 'Sunset'

"Before Sunset," Richard Linklater's romantic talkfest, was named the year's best film by the sixth annual Village Voice Film Critics' Poll. A survey of 94 film critics from throughout the country, the poll also chose Linklater as best director for the Warner Independent Pictures release. The survey also recognized Imelda Staunton for best performance for her work in the drama "Vera Drake" and Mark Wahlberg for best supporting performance for his role in the comedy "I Heart Huckabees." In other categories, the best screenplay award went to "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" by Charlie Kaufman; best documentary, Thom Anderson's "Los Angeles Plays Itself"; best cinematography, "Hero" by Christopher Doyle; best first feature, Shane Curruth's "Primer"; and best undistributed film, Hou Hsiao-hsien's "Cafe Lumiere."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinVoice film critics see beauty in 'Sunset'

"Before Sunset," Richard Linklater's romantic talkfest, was named the year's best film by the sixth annual Village Voice Film Critics' Poll. A survey of 94 film critics from throughout the country, the poll also chose Linklater as best director for the Warner Independent Pictures release. The survey also recognized Imelda Staunton for best performance for her work in the drama "Vera Drake" and Mark Wahlberg for best supporting performance for his role in the comedy "I Heart Huckabees." In other categories, the best screenplay award went to "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" by Charlie Kaufman; best documentary, Thom Anderson's "Los Angeles Plays Itself"; best cinematography, "Hero" by Christopher Doyle; best first feature, Shane Curruth's "Primer"; and best undistributed film, Hou Hsiao-hsien's "Cafe Lumiere."

ideally, this would be the xixax award winner list.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI know I still have a lot to see.
You and me both. I wrote a tentative "best of" list, but it's going to be quite significantly revised early next year...
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobDoes this mean the 2005 Xixax Awards are coming up?
Haven't we done it around Oscar time in the past?

I know I still have a lot to see.

Oh yeah, Oscars... nevermind.  

There is plenty I still need to see as well, and this time around in the awards, I doubt it will be so cut and dry as to who will win.  In 2002 it was clear PDL and Adaptation were going to sweep, in 2003 it was pretty apparent that Lost In Translation and Return of the King was gong to sweep, but this year there were so many great titles, I can't wait to see how voting goes.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

London Looks Abroad
American and foreign language films, including The Aviator and The Motorcycle Diaries, touted by the London film critics.

The London film critics have narrowed their selections and announced the nominees for the 2004 London Film Critics Awards, with American and foreign language films leading the way. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Aviator and Sideways and the foreign language films The Motorcycle Diaries and House of Flying Daggers are the contenders for the best film of 2004.

In addition, each of the five films' directors - Michel Gondry, Martin Scorsese, Alexander Payne, Walter Salles and Zhang Yimou, respectively - will battle it out for director of the year. Salles and Zhang will also compete in the foreign language category with both Motorcycle and Daggers making the cut. They'll be up with Bad Education, The Return and A Very Long Engagement for that honor.

In the actress category, Imelda Staunton, who plays the title character in Mike Leigh's Vera Drake, was the only Brit to make the cut. She'll square off against Nicole Kidman for Birth, last year's Oscar winner Charlize Theron for Monster, Annette Bening from Being Julia and Natalie Portman from Closer.

The London critics do have their own category for British Actress and Actor of the Year, however. On the actress side, Eva Birthistle of Ae Fond Kiss..., Kate Winslet of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Natalie Press of My Summer of Love, Judi Dench of Ladies in Lavender and Emily Mortimer of Dear Frankie all received nominations.

This year's season favorites Leonardo DiCaprio (The Aviator), Paul Giamatti (Sideways), Jamie Foxx (Ray) and Johnny Depp (Finding Neverland) once again garnered mention in the acting category, as did Geoffrey Rush for the HBO presentation The Life and Death of Peter Sellers. Brit actors Clive Owen (Closer), Paddy Considine (Dead Man's Shoes), James McAvoy (Inside I'm Dancing), Ben Kingsley (House of Sand and Fog) and Daniel Craig (Enduring Love) were all cited in the British Actor of the Year category.

British films also have their own category: British Film of the Year - The Attenborough Award. The nominees in that category include Ae Fond Kiss..., Shaun of the Dead, Finding Neverland, My Summer of Love and Vera Drake.

This year's award ceremony will be held on Feb. 9 at the Dorchester Hotel in London. Mariella Frostrup, a TV presenter and journalist, will host the evening with benefits going to the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.

A complete list of nominees follows:

FILM OF THE YEAR:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry)
The Motorcycle Diaries (Walter Salles)
The Aviator (Martin Scorsese)
House of Flying Daggers (Zhang Yimou)
Sideways (Alexander Payne)

BRITISH FILM OF THE YEAR - THE ATTENBOROUGH AWARD:
Ae Fond Kiss... (Ken Loach)
Shaun of the Dead (Simon Pegg)
Finding Neverland (Marc Forster)
My Summer of Love (Pawel Pawlikowski)
Vera Drake (Mike Leigh)

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM OF THE YEAR:
Bad Education
The Motorcycle Diaries
House of Flying Daggers
The Return
A Very Long Engagement

ACTRESS OF THE YEAR:
Nicole Kidman (Birth)
Charlize Theron (Monster)
Natalie Portman (Closer)
Annette Bening (Being Julia)
Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake)

BRITISH ACTRESS OF THE YEAR:
Eva Birthistle (Ae Fond Kiss...)
Kate Winslet (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
Natalie Press (My Summer of Love)
Judi Dench (Ladies in Lavender)
Emily Mortimer (Dear Frankie)

BRITISH ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Ruth Sheen (Vera Drake)
Eileen Atkins (Vanity Fair)
Minnie Driver (The Phantom of the Opera)
Romola Garai (Inside I'm Dancing)
Emily Woof (Wondrous Oblivion)

ACTOR OF THE YEAR:
Leonardo DiCaprio (The Aviator)
Geoffrey Rush (The Life and Death of Peter Sellers)
Paul Giamatti (Sideways)
Jamie Foxx (Ray)
Johnny Depp (Finding Neverland)

BRITISH ACTOR OF THE YEAR:
Clive Owen (Closer)
Paddy Considine (Dead Man's Shoes)
James McAvoy (Inside I'm Dancing)
Ben Kingsley (House of Sand and Fog)
Daniel Craig (Enduring Love)

BRITISH ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE:
Eddie Marsan (Vera Drake)
Brian Cox (Troy)
Phil Davis (Vera Drake)
Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2)
Rupert Everett (Stage Beauty)

DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR:
Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
Alexander Payne (Sideways)
Martin Scorsese (The Aviator)
Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries)
Zhang Yimou (House of Flying Daggers)

BRITISH DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR:
Pawel Pawlikowski (My Summer of Love)
Shane Meadows (Dead Man's Shoes)
Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy)
Mike Leigh (Vera Drake)
Michael Radford (The Merchant of Venice)

BRITISH NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR:
Freddie Highmore (Finding Neverland)
Eva Birthistle (Ae Fond Kiss...)
Amma Asante (A Way of Life)
Natalie Press (My Summer of Love)
Emily Blunt (My Summer of Love)

SCREENWRITER OF THE YEAR:
David Magee (Finding Neverland)
Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)
Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor (Sideways)
Brad Bird (The Incredibles)
Jean-Pierre Bacri and Agnes Jaoui (Look at Me)

BRITISH SCREENWRITER OF THE YEAR:
Paul Laverty (Ae Fond Kiss...)
Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead)
Mike Leigh (Vera Drake)
Pawel Pawlikowski (in collaboration with Michael Wynne) (My Summer of Love)
Joe Penhall (Enduring Love).

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Producers Boost "Aviator," "Sideways"

It looks like Howard Hughes and a schlubby wine aficionado are in this Academy Awards race together.

The Aviator, the epic biopic about the larger-than-life Hughes, and Sideways, the painfully funny comedy about a struggling novelist finding his way in California's wine country, were among the big-screen nominees Wednesday for the latest Oscar tune-up--the 2005 Producers Guild of America Awards.

Finding Neverland, the fanciful take on Peter Pan author JM Barrie, Million Dollar Baby, the Clint Eastwood boxing drama, and The Incredibles, the incredible-grossing Pixar adventure, were the other theatrical contenders.

Sideways, by virtue of its sweep of the critics awards, and The Aviator, by virtue of its sweeping scale, would appear to be the front runners among the front runners.

A PGA Award nomination seals their status. The honor seemingly is a prerequisite for a Best Picture Oscar nomination, if not a Best Picture Oscar win.

Since the PGAs were first presented for the 1989 film year, 11 of the 15 movies honored with the guild's top award have gone onto claim the Academy Award. Recent movies to perform that trick include: Gladiator, Chicago and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

One exception to the rule occurred at the 2002 PGA Awards, when producers honored Moulin Rouge. Oscar voters opted for A Beautiful Mind over the manic musical.

Moulin Rouge, however, was at least nominated for the Academy's prestige prize. Critically acclaimed films shut out of Wednesday's PGA Award nominations--perhaps dimming their chances for Best Picture nods come Oscar time--included: Closer, Hotel Rwanda, Kinsey and Ray.

Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ also was shut out, but that occurrence is seeming less like a snub, and more like a trend.

The PGA Awards honor television, as well as film.

In the TV categories, HBO's The Sopranos will look to notch another award-show win as Best Drama Series against CBS' CSI, FX's Nip/Tuck, HBO's Six Feet Under and NBC's The West Wing.

Fox's reigning Emmy winner Arrested Development will go up against HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm, NBC's Scrubs, HBO's Sex and the City and NBC's Will & Grace in the comedy series category.

DreamWorks exec Jeffrey Katzenberg, Spiderman producer Laura Ziskin, ER executive producer John Wells and former Warner Bros. honcho Terry Semel are set to receive honorary awards.

Here's a complete look at the 2005 PGA Awards nominations:

Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award (for Theatrical Motion Pictures)

Finding Neverland
Million Dollar Baby
Sideways
The Aviator
The Incredibles

David L. Wolper Producer of the Year Award (for Long-Form Television)

Angels In America (HBO)
Horatio Hornblower (A&E)
Ike (A&E)
Lion In Winter (Showtime)
Something the Lord Made (HBO)

Norman Felton Producer of the Year Award (for Episodic Drama)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS)
Nip/Tuck (FX)
Six Feet Under (HBO)
The Sopranos (HBO)
The West Wing (NBC)

Danny Thomas Producer of the Year Award (for Episodic Comedy)

Arrested Development (Fox)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Scrubs (NBC)
Sex And the City (HBO)
Will & Grace (NBC)

Producer of the Year Award: Non-Fiction Television

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
Inside the Actors Studio (A&E)
The Amazing Race (CBS)
The Apprentice (NBC)
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (Bravo)

Producer of the Year Award: Variety Television

Chapelle Show (Comedy Central)
Saturday Night Live (NBC)
The Ellen DeGeneres Show (Syndicated)
The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS)
The 76th Annual Academy Awards (ABC)

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Director's Guild nominations came out today and went to Clint Eastwood, Marc Forster, Taylor Hackford, Alexander Payne and Martin Scorsese.

MacGuffin

'9/11,' 'Passion' Tops at People's Choice

Two controversial films that defied the odds to earn millions at the box office joined a familiar green ogre to take top honors at the 31st Annual People's Choice Awards on Sunday.

The Michael Moore film "Fahrenheit 9/11," which took a critical look at President Bush's actions after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, won the favorite movie award, while Mel Gibson's explicit "The Passion of the Christ" won in the favorite drama category.

Moore dedicated his win to the U.S. troops fighting overseas and said he was "amazed" that people voted his film their favorite.

"I love making movies and I'll take this as an invitation to make more 'Fahrenheit 9/11s,'" Moore said.

Gibson echoed Moore's appreciation, saying the award "means a lot more to me this time than anything before."

"I depended on you and you were there," Gibson said. "If it wasn't for you guys, we would have been dead in the water."

The animated "Shrek 2" swept a number of categories, being named favorite comedy, favorite sequel and favorite animated movie.

The character of Donkey in "Shrek 2," voiced by Eddie Murphy, was named favorite animated movie star, while the Fairy Godmother, voiced by Jennifer Saunders, won in the favorite movie villain category.

Perennial favorites took many of the top awards, including many of this year's new categories. Julia Roberts and Johnny Depp won for favorite female and male movie star. Matt LeBlanc and Marg Helgenberger won for favorite male and female TV stars.

"Will & Grace," won for favorite TV comedy. "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" was named favorite TV drama.

After votes cast via the Internet during the first hour of the live telecast were counted, "Joey" was named favorite new TV comedy, while "Desperate Housewives" won for favorite new TV drama.

The People's Choice Awards, hosted by Jason Alexander and Malcolm-Jamal Warner, were presented at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium and broadcast on CBS. The awards covered 38 film, television and music categories, including a number of new ones.

The nominations were determined by editors at Entertainment Weekly, the People's Choice production team and a panel of pop culture fans. Winners were determined by Internet voting.

The complete list of winners:

_ Motion picture: "Fahrenheit 9/11"
_ Drama motion picture: "The Passion of the Christ"
_ Comedy motion picture: "Shrek 2"
_ Animated motion picture: "Shrek 2"
_ Favorite sequel: "Shrek 2"
_ Animated movie star: Donkey in "Shrek 2" (voiced by Eddie Murphy)
_ Movie villain: The Fairy Godmother in "Shrek 2" (voiced by Jennifer Saunders)
_ Favorite on-screen chemistry: Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler in "50 First Dates"
_ Female movie star: Julia Roberts
_ Male movie star: Johnny Depp
_ Female action movie star: Angelina Jolie
_ Male action movie star: Will Smith
_ Leading lady: Renee Zellweger
_ Leading man: Brad Pitt
_ Funny female star: Ellen DeGeneres
_ Funny male star: Jim Carrey
_ Television drama series: "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
_ Television comedy series: "Will & Grace"
_ New television comedy series: "Joey"
_ New television drama series: "Desperate Housewives"
_ Female television star: Marg Helgenberger
_ Male television star: Matt LeBlanc
_ Late night talk show host: David Letterman
_ Daytime talk show host: Ellen DeGeneres
_ Reality show competition: "American Idol"
_ Reality show makeover: "Extreme Makeover Home Edition"
_ Reality show 24/7: "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica"
_ Crest fans favorite smile: Julia Roberts
_ Pantene fans favorite hair: Jennifer Garner
_ Cover Girl fans favorite look: Kate Hudson
_ Favorite group: U2
_ Female singer: Alicia Keys
_ Male singer: Usher
_ Favorite remake: "The First Cut is the Deepest" by Sheryl Crow
_ Favorite combined forces: "Yeah" by Usher/Lil Jon/Ludacris
_ Country group: Brooks & Dunn
_ Country female singer: Shania Twain
_ Country male singer: Tim McGraw

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Haha, looks like Michael Moore got made over by the Queer Eye guys.  It suits him.  It's amazing what a little spit and polish, shave and haircut, suit, and leaving the ballcap at home can do.

Internet voting, though?  Really?  Ah well, it's not like as if it's an award like that matters.

Sleuth

He looks like he's trying to crawl out of the picture
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Critics Gaga for Clint's "Baby"

For once, Sideways didn't win a critics award. But in defeat, it may have kept its Oscar dream alive.

Alexander Payne's wine-praising film was bypassed by Clint Eastwood's sweaty boxing drama Million Dollar Baby for Best Film honors Saturday night from the National Society of Film Critics.

The group's award is among the most prestigious in movieland. It is also among the worst indicators of future Oscar success.

Since 1967, the National Society of Film Critics, comprised of top-flight newspaper and magazine scribes who care not if their picks coincide with conventional wisdom, have selected only two films (Annie Hall and Schindler's List) that have gone onto to claim the Best Picture Academy Award.

Many times, its members champion films, including Mulholland Drive, American Splendor and Out of Sight, to name three recent honorees, that don't even go onto claim Best Picture nominations.

Million Dollar Baby, up for Best Picture at Monday night's Critics' Choice Awards and Best Motion Picture, Drama at next weekend's Golden Globes, probably won't suffer that fate.

The Eastwood film is expected to rack up Oscar nominations across the board, including the high-profile acting categories where Hilary Swank, who buffed up for her role as a boxer, is a Best Actress contender.

The National Society of Film Critics didn't hurt Swank's chances in that regard, voting her Best Actress in a tie with Vera Drake's Imelda Staunton. (The group's acting picks have a better track record at the Oscars than its movie picks. Last year, Charlize Theron was honored by the group for Monster, en route to her Best Actress coronation at the Oscars.)

Jamie Foxx added to his pre-Oscar laurels with a narrow Best Actor win over Sideways' Paul Giamatti and Million Dollar Baby's own Eastwood. Foxx was honored for his work in both Ray and Collateral.

Overall, Sideways scored three wins, the most of any movie, for Best supporting Actress Virginia Madsen, Best Supporting Actor Thomas Haden Church and Best Screenplay for the tandem of Payne and Jim Taylor.

The comedy-drama, the darling of most critics groups, was denied a fourth win as Best Film possibly because of an East Coast bias against the California wine country-set tale, Roger Ebert wrote in Monday's Chicago Sun-Times. The Easterners tended to favor Eastwood, who last year was named Best Director by the group for Mystic River.

This year, Eastwood ran third in the Best Director race behind Payne and the winner, Zhang Yimou, of the Chinese epics House of Flying Daggers and Hero. (The group releases the tallies of the top three vote-getters in each category.)

Odds-on Oscar favorite The Aviator didn't win, show or place in any category. Which, all things considered, might not have been such a bad thing.

Here's a complete look at the winners of the National Society of Film Critics' awards for 2004:

Film: Million Dollar Baby
Actor: Jamie Foxx, Ray and Collateral
Actress: (tie) Imelda Staunton, Vera Drake; Hilary Swank, Million Dollar Baby
Supporting Actor: Thomas Haden Church, Sideways
Supporting Actress: Virginia Madsen, Sideways
Director: Zhang Yimou, House of Flying Daggers and Hero
Screenplay: Sideways
Cinematography: House of Flying Daggers
Documentary: Tarnation

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

what are your feeling about 9/11 being elagible for a best pricture nod -- i personally think i woould be a damn shame if they allow this.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

SAG Swayed by Foxx, "Sideways"

Jamie Foxx's peers have rewarded him for a series of jobs well done.

The hardworking star is contending for a leading four awards at the 11th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, including Best Actor and an Ensemble acting nod for his performance in Ray, Best Supporting Actor for his work in Collateral and Best Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries for FX's Redemption.

Indie superstar Sideways also nabbed a quartet of nominations Tuesday morning, including a Best Actor nod for Paul Giamatti, and Best Supporting Actor and Actress nods for Thomas Haden Church and Virginia Madsen, as well as an Ensemble acting nod for the road-tripping, wine-swilling cast.

Finding Neverland found itself triple-nominated, raking in a Best Actor nomination for Johnny Depp and a Best Supporting Actor nom for his young costar, Freddie Highmore, as well as an Ensemble nomination for the cast.

The Aviator was flying high with a Best Actor nomination for Leonardo DiCaprio, a Best Supporting Actress nod for Cate Blanchett and an Ensemble nod for the cast.

Heavy-hitter Hilary Swank pulled in a nomination for Best Actress and an Ensemble nod for her hard-muscled performance in Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby, as well as a third nomination for Best Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries for her work in HBO's suffragette tale, Iron Jawed Angels.

On the small-screen side, Patricia Heaton accounted for three nods herself--Best Actress in a Comedy Series and Best Ensemble, Comedy Series for Everybody Loves Raymond, as well as Best Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries nomination for her work in TNT's Neil Simon's The Goodbye Girl.

The Sopranos earned four nominations in all, including competing Best Actress in a Drama Series nods for Edie Falco and Drea De Matteo. James Gandolfini nabbed a Best Actor nom and the entire cast was nominated in the Ensemble category.

Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher was the sole resident of Wisteria Lane to be individually nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy Series; however, the entire cast of ABC's newcomer sensation were nominated in the Ensemble Comedy category.

Notably snubbed was ABC's other new sensation, Lost, which was entirely shut out, despite its monster ratings.

Also lagging was Six Feet Under, which scored only an Ensemble Drama nomination as it prepares to head into its fifth and final season. Last year, the show earned Best Actor and Actress noms for Peter Krause and Frances Conroy in additional to an Ensemble nod for the cast. Conroy and the cast went on to win their categories at the 2004 SAG Awards.

The late Jerry Orbach earned a sentimental nod for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his longtime portrayal of Detective Lennie Briscoe on Law & Order. It was his first nomination in the Best Actor category, though he had been nominated nine times previously in the Ensemble category. Orbach died last month of prostate cancer at the age of 69.

For the first time ever, the recipient of the SAG Life Achievement Award also scored an individual SAG nomination. James Garner, who will receive the 41st Annual Life Achievement Award in recognition of his accomplished career and humanitarian contributions, also earned a Best Supporting Actor Nod for his work in The Notebook.

The 11th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards will be presented at a Feb. 5 ceremony in Los Angeles. Here's a complete roundup of the nominees:

MOTION PICTURES

Male Actor in a Leading Role:
Don Cheadle, Hotel Rwanda
Johnny Depp, Finding Neverland
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Aviator
Paul Giamatti, Sideways

Female Actor in a Leading Role:
Annette Bening, Being Julia
Catalina Sandino Moreno, Maria Full of Grace
Imelda Staunton, Vera Drake
Hilary Swank, Million Dollar Baby
Kate Winslet, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Male Actor in a Supporting Role:
Thomas Haden Church, Sideways
Jamie Foxx, Collateral
Morgan Freeman, Million Dollar Baby
James Garner, The Notebook
Freddie Highmore, Finding Neverland

Female Actor in a Supporting Role:
Cate Blanchett, The Aviator
Cloris Leachman, Spanglish
Laura Linney, Kinsey
Virginia Madsen, Sideways
Sophie Okonedo, Hotel Rwanda

Cast:
The Aviator
Finding Neverland
Hotel Rwanda
Million Dollar Baby
Ray
Sideways

TELEVISION

Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries:
Jamie Foxx, Redemption
William H. Macy, The Wool Cap
Barry Pepper, 3: The Dale Earnhardt Story
Geoffrey Rush, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
Jon Voight, Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries:
Glenn Close, The Lion in Winter
Patricia Heaton, Neil Simon's The Goodbye Girl
Keke Palmer, The Wool Cap
Hilary Swank, Iron Jawed Angels
Charlize Theron, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers

Male Actor in a Drama Series:
Hank Azaria, Huff
James Gandolfini, The Sopranos
Anthony LaPaglia, Without a Trace
Jerry Orbach, Law & Order
Kiefer Sutherland, 24

Female Actor in a Drama Series:
Drea De Matteo, The Sopranos
Edie Falco, The Sopranos
Jennifer Garner, Alias
Allison Janney, The West Wing
Christine Lahtii, Jack & Bobby

Male Actor in a Comedy Series:
Jason Bateman, Arrested Development
Sean Hayes, Will & Grace
Ray Romano, Everybody Loves Raymond
Tony Shalhoub, Monk
Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men

Female Actor in a Comedy Series:
Teri Hatcher, Desperate Housewives
Patricia Heaton, Everybody Loves Raymond
Megan Mullally, Will & Grace
Sarah Jessica Parker, Sex and the City
Doris Roberts, Everybody Loves Raymond

Ensemble in a Drama Series:
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
The West Wing

Ensemble in a Comedy Series:
Arrested Development
Desperate Housewives
Everybody Loves Raymond
Sex and the City
Will & Grace

LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
James Garner

Skeleton FilmWorks