Jason Reitman

Started by MacGuffin, March 05, 2008, 08:45:43 PM

MacGuffin

Carrey, Reitman team for 'Pierre'
Fox Atomic nabs duo's spec script for $1 million
Source: Variety

Jason Reitman is attached to direct and Jim Carrey is aboard to topline comedy "Pierre Pierre" for Fox Atomic.

Fox Atomic acquired Edwin Cannistraci and Frederick Seton's spec for $1 million; Escape Artists and Reitman's banner Hard C are producing the film.

Politically incorrect story centers on a self-indulgent French nihilist who transports a stolen painting from Paris to London. Budget is pegged at $13 million.

Hard C's Dan Dubiecki is producing alongside Reitman and Escape Artists' Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch.

The Reitman-Carrey spec package sparked a heated bidding war that came down to Universal, Mandate and Atomic.

Reitman, who earned an Oscar nomination for "Juno," next will produce alongside Dubiecki the cheerleader-from-hell comedy-thriller "Jennifer's Body" for Fox Atomic. Karen Kusama directs from a Diablo Cody script; Megan Fox stars. Reitman is repped by WMA.

Carrey next stars in Warner Bros.' "Yes Man" and lends his voice to 20th Century Fox's "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who." He is repped by CAA.

"Pierre Pierre" marks Cannistraci and Seton's first screenplay in development.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

w/o horse

But every time I see Jim Carey attached to star in a movie that seems hopeful his name disappears and sometimes even the movie disappears.  I refuse to be tricked once more.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Jason Bateman comes up for 'Air'
Actor reunites with Jason Reitman for comedy
Source: Variety

Jason Bateman has signed on for "Up in the Air," the adaptation of the Walter Kirn novel that director Jason Reitman is lensing for DreamWorks and the Montecito Picture Co.

George Clooney stars as a corporate downsizer who is obsessed with collecting frequent flyer miles at the expense of having a life. Bateman will play his boss.

Bateman just signed to star with Jennifer Aniston in the Mandate Pictures comedy "Baster," which he'll begin shooting later this month after completing "Up in the Air."

Bateman will next be seen in Universal drama "State of Play." He recently starred in and produced the Mike Judge-directed Miramax comedy "Extract" and has a lead role in the U comedy "Couples Retreat" with Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Kristin Davis and Kristen Bell.

Bateman is also working with Joe Carnahan on "Remarkable Fellows," a comedy based on his original idea that Carnahan has scripted to direct for Universal. Also looming is a feature adaptation of the Fox TV comedy "Arrested Development," for which Bateman is expected to return.

"Up in the Air" is produced by Montecito's Ivan Reitman, Tom Pollock, Joe Medjuck and Jeff Clifford plus Hard C's Daniel Dubiecki and Jason Reitman.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

jenkins

^lol. ok ok ok. i figured hopes weren't high, i had a general curiosity about this being under radar. but i've seen it now and it's astonishingly bad. it's a movie about the power of love, portrayed through a weak woman needing a man to fix her life, and it's grotesquely serious about this

for the wondrous, my reitman interest was raised by young adult. my bad. apparently that was an accident