The Aviator

Started by MacGuffin, January 20, 2003, 01:29:35 PM

picolas

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: POZER
Quote from: matt35mmThe poster makes it looks like Leonardo is playing God in the movie.

And at the same time...the Devil.

and at the same time...Howard Hughes
and at even the more same time.. a spectacular cumulonimbous cloud.
and even at the even same at even more time... a guy with a really big head, tiny metal arms, no legs and an annoying electrical bowtie.

hedwig

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: POZER
Quote from: matt35mmThe poster makes it looks like Leonardo is playing God in the movie.

And at the same time...the Devil.

and at the same time...Howard Hughes
and at even the more same time.. a spectacular cumulonimbous cloud.
and even at the even same at even more time... a guy with a really big head, tiny metal arms, no legs and an annoying electrical bowtie.

Bravo.

Alethia

any idea when this'll be on quicktime?

RegularKarate

Uh... I just watched it in Quicktime... from that link.

This looks more interesting than Gangs, except it doesn't really feel like a Scorceze film.

Alethia

odd, when i click on the quicktime link it tells me it is not yet available for quicktime...

thats shitty

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardodd, when i click on the quicktime link it tells me it is not yet available for quicktime...

thats shitty

You're welcome:

Trailer #2 in Quicktime.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

The second trailer is only a little better than the first.

Oh, happy birthday Marty.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Bethie

Quote from: RegularKarate
except it doesn't really feel like a Scorceze film.

Probably because it's a Scorsese film.

And like Small Town Loner mentioned, today was Marty's Birthday. He turned 62.
who likes movies anyway

El Duderino

my dad turned 56 yesterday
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El Duderinomy dad turned 56 yesterday
What did you get him for his birthday?

El Duderino

Quote from: Cinsey
Quote from: El Duderinomy dad turned 56 yesterday
What did you get him for his birthday?

GoodFellas
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Alethia

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ewardodd, when i click on the quicktime link it tells me it is not yet available for quicktime...

thats shitty

You're welcome:

Trailer #2 in Quicktime.

hey, thanxabunch mac

MacGuffin

'The Aviator' Premieres in Los Angeles

Just about everyone seemed to be flying high at the world premiere of "The Aviator" director Martin Scorsese's portrait of eccentric billionaire Howard Hughes.

Earlier in the day, the New York-based National Board of Review ranked "The Aviator" as one of the 10 best pictures of the year. Focusing on Hughes' early years from 1930-1947, the film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, shows how Hughes built a small fortune into a massive one.

Guests at Wednesday night's premiere included DiCaprio, Gwen Stefani, who plays Jean Harlow, "Fahrenheit 9/11" director Michael Moore and Michael Mann, another Board of Review honoree, who was named best director for "Collateral."

"(Hughes) led one of the most exciting, insane lives I've ever read in my life, and I just had to play him," said DiCaprio.

"The man is a crockpot of different things: from his relationship with his mother, him being (afraid of germs), having obsessive-compulsive disorder, being this champion aviator, America's first billionaire, coming into Hollywood, turning Hollywood upside down, being this producer that went against the studio system, battling big corporations and monopolies, going against the Senate."

Scorsese, director of "Gangs of New York," "Goodfellas" and "Raging Bull," said "The Aviator" was the "biggest" movie of his career.

"I must say the flying sequences were quite intense," he told AP Television News. "But we got it in on schedule and got what we wanted on schedule, too."

Stefani, dressed in a pink-chiffon gown, said she was nervous that she wouldn't remember the one line she has in the film.

"But once you get out there, it's like, `Oh, I know this.' Because it's the top of the top, Martin Scorsese, you get do it like 4,000 times, so I think I got it OK. It was an incredible experience because of the level of the people working on the movie are so passionate and amazing and talented."

"The Aviator," also starring Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale and Alan Alda, opens in theaters nationwide on Dec. 17.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Ahhh it's Marty's year, baby. He's grabbing the gold.  :-D

©brad

Quote from: cinephiléAhhh it's Marty's year, baby. He's grabbing the gold.  :-D

double  :-D