The Aviator

Started by MacGuffin, January 20, 2003, 01:29:35 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaii've tried to freeze frame a couple of times but i couldn't see anything. has anyone here who have the dvd noticed this? i really need to see a cap of it if anyone wants to post it. thanks.

I went frame-by-frame and it's definitely there, but it's at 2:22:45. The frame right before the one posted is a more extreme "x-ray" as the flash bulb goes off. It lasts for five frames before resuming color.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin
I went frame-by-frame and it's definitely there, but it's at 2:22:45. The frame right before the one posted is a more extreme "x-ray" as the flash bulb goes off. It lasts for five frames before resuming color.

Alexandro

no other filmmaker achieves the kind of coolness that the one contained in a hidden shot of a skeleton in the middle of an oscar bait biopic...this oozes coolness...

and i may be in the minority but i actually enjoyed the movie much more on dvd for some reason...it looks so....clean...

JG

I enjoyed the movie more the second time, on DVD, but mostly cause i think this movie has great replay value.  the first time i didn't know what to think, but this is my favorite scorsese picture since goodfellas ( edging out bringing out the dead).  

and i did see the skeleton...its pretty easy if you just FF at 1/4 time.

jigzaw

Though a good movie, Million Dollar Baby will be forgotten in a couple years as it is just a standard weepy movie.

The Aviator will join the ranks of the Academy's long list of missed opportunities (2001 losing to Oliver!, anyone?).

soixante

2001 wasn't even nominated for Best Picture.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Weird. Oh

I think the Aviator definitely has much more longevity than Million Dollar Baby. I, for one, think Mystic River is much better than Million Dollar Baby. Sure it was a nice film, but does it really add anything to the spectrum of film making as a whole?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

hedwig

Quote from: The Scat Revisionthe spectrum of film making as a whole

what the sweet, wet, dripping fuck does that mean?

Alethia

and does it matter anyway?

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: The Scat Revisionthe spectrum of film making as a whole

what the sweet, wet, dripping fuck does that mean?
i would also like to know..

and please, use the words "pro-active" and "paradigm" in ur answer.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I agree with whatever jigzaw zaid.