The Aviator

Started by MacGuffin, January 20, 2003, 01:29:35 PM

bonanzataz

why are they making a remake of the stepford wives? That makes me sad. They're going to try and turn it into some thriller suspense movie which is not what it is. It's a movie high in camp about misogyny during the feminist movement.

As far as the aviator goes, I hear it's shooting not very far from rose and the snake (the movie I may be working on over the summer) in nova scotia, so maybe I'll catch a glimpse of marty if i get the job.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

Nicole Kidman, who was said to be in talks to play Ava Gardner, is out. Her departure is likely due to the new, later start date (in early July), which might have conflicted with her role in the Stepford Wives remake, also filming this summer. (FilmJerk)

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4dNicole Kidman, who was said to be in talks to play Ava Gardner, is out. Her departure is likely due to the new, later start date (in early July), which might have conflicted with her role in the Stepford Wives remake, also filming this summer. (FilmJerk)

Holy Shit! How did that news pass me by...oh wait, it's on page one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

damnit! i thought i beat u for once. i guess i should start reading the previous pages of a thread instead of immediately going to the last page.

MacGuffin

DiCaprio and Jagger Teaming for The Long Play?

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith report that Leonardo DiCaprio may team with Mick Jagger in a big screen expose of the pop-world.

Right now DiCaprio is gearing up to make the Howard Hughes biopic The Aviator, with Martin Scorsese directing. When that's finished, he will get in character for Alexander the Great, which Scorsese will produce and Baz Luhrmann will direct.

Scorsese reveals to the duo that a second-draft script has been completed on The Long Play, a study of the rock business from the '60s to the '90s that he has been working on with Jagger for several years. He says that it should roll next year and that he expects a leading part to be handled by his "Gangs" star.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Barry Pepper in The Aviator

Barry Pepper has been added to the cast of the Martin Scorsese-directed The Aviator for Initial Entertainment Group. He will play engineer Glenn Odekirk opposite Leonard DiCaprio's Howard Hughes.

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffinDiCaprio and Jagger Teaming for The Long Play?

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith report that Leonardo DiCaprio may team with Mick Jagger in a big screen expose of the pop-world.

Right now DiCaprio is gearing up to make the Howard Hughes biopic The Aviator, with Martin Scorsese directing. When that's finished, he will get in character for Alexander the Great, which Scorsese will produce and Baz Luhrmann will direct.

Scorsese reveals to the duo that a second-draft script has been completed on The Long Play, a study of the rock business from the '60s to the '90s that he has been working on with Jagger for several years. He says that it should roll next year and that he expects a leading part to be handled by his "Gangs" star.

Oh God. Scorsese seems to be fixated on writing history. It's OK, but I just wish he'd remember that the devil's in the detail. All these sweeping epics are getting dreary and no matter how much precision he gets in it'll all get lost in the cut. Someone should take the money away.

MacGuffin

According to Variety, DreamWorks has optioned writer Thomas Eidson's Western epic "St. Agnes' Stand" for Martin Scorsese to direct.

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

how pissed do you think marty was when he lost this year to roman polanski, its almost like he directed GONY just for the chance to win best directer, it was like almost a given that he would win . sorry marty

Gold Trumpet

That's excellent news for Scorsese maybe to get another chance to direct a western of sorts, but his name has been linked to so many projects it is insane to know what to believe these days.

~rougerum

dufresne

Quote from: MacGuffinBarry Pepper in The Aviator

Barry Pepper has been added to the cast of the Martin Scorsese-directed The Aviator for Initial Entertainment Group. He will play engineer Glenn Odekirk opposite Leonard DiCaprio's Howard Hughes.

BP is a VERY underrated actor.  he shoulda won awards for The 25th Hour.
There are shadows in life, baby.

MacGuffin

Stars Join Up For Aviator
Hollywood Reporter posted the following:

Martin Scorsese is continuing to line up actors to join Leonardo DiCaprio in the Howard Hughes biopic "Aviator," enlisting Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale, Adam Scott, Kelli Garner and Gwen Stefani to join the IEG, Warner Bros. Pictures and Miramax Films co-production, sources confirmed. The project, due to start shooting next month in Montreal, centers on the life of billionaire Hughes, to be played by DiCaprio. Among the six actors who are close to finalizing deals to join the project, Blanchett will star as Katharine Hepburn; Beckinsale as Ava Gardner; Scott as Hughes' press agent, Johnny Meyer; Garner as Faith Domergue, a young actress who was discovered by Hughes; and Stefani as Jean Harlow.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Y'know how Marty has his "one for me, one for the studio" credo? Well, is this one gonna be a "one for the studio" deal? Don't get me wrong, I thought Color Of Money was fabulous, but at this stage in his career I'd rather see him finishing Dino or the Mick Jagger project. I'm sure whatever he does will be great, but I can't really get all that excited for Aviator. Unless they change their plans and make the movie cover insane Howard Hughes period as well...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Royal Tenenbaum

I think the Aviator has tons of potential; I really doubt it's going to a "Color of Money" type film. The cast sounds excellent, since Blanchett is always great. I expect great things.

Ghostboy

Who knows if its a good choice (besides Scorsese), but I can't wait to see how Gwen Stefani, of all people, plays Jean Harlow. I think she might be able to pull it off.