James L. Brooks

Started by MacGuffin, February 17, 2009, 11:33:56 PM

MacGuffin

Rudd, Wilson in talks for Brooks film
Duo may costar with Witherspoon in comedy
Source: Variety

Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd are in talks to star opposite Reese Witherspoon in James L. Brooks' untitled romantic comedy for Columbia Pictures.

Brooks, who is directing and producing, wrote the screenplay, which involves a love triangle. Rudd would play a white-collar executive vying for Witherspoon's affections, while Wilson would portray a professional baseball pitcher who is also a love interest.

As is customary with Brooks' projects, logline is being kept vague for the film, which has the working title "How Do You Know?"

Paula Weinstein ("Blood Diamond") and Laurence Mark ("Dreamgirls") are also producing.

Studio is eyeing an early summer start date.

The only potential snag for Rudd, who has been in high demand since toplining the surprise fall box office hit "Role Models," is that he is also in talks to star in DreamWorks' comedy "Dinner for Schmucks." That film is tentatively scheduled to lense in September. Rudd, who recently teamed with Witherspoon as the voice stars of the upcoming toon feature "Monsters vs. Aliens," next stars in the DreamWorks comedy "I Love You, Man."

Wilson, who most recently appeared in the Christmas hit "Marley and Me," next appears in a supporting role in the sequel "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I'm hesitant but I LOVED 'Broadcast News', 'Spanglish' and 'As Good As it Gets'. Unfortunately, I still have not seen 'terms of endearment'.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Nicholson in talks for Brooks pic
Actor is in negotiations to reteam with filmmaker
Source: Variety

Jack Nicholson is closing in on a deal to reteam with James L. Brooks on the helmer's untitled romantic comedy at Columbia Pictures.

Nicholson is the last piece of casting to come together on the ensemble project, which stars Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon and Owen Wilson.

For months, Bill Murray had been in talks to portray the blueblood father of Rudd's character, but no deal closed. In recent weeks Murray's interest in the project waned and he fell out of touch.

With Murray unresponsive and production scheduled to start in less than two weeks, Brooks reached out to Nicholson.

Brooks, who also penned the screenplay, is producing alongside Paula Weinstein ("Blood Diamond"), Laurence Mark ("Dreamgirls") and Gracie Films prexy Julie Ansell.

Story involves a love triangle, with Rudd playing a white-collar executive vying for Witherspoon's affections, and Wilson portraying a professional baseball pitcher who is also a love interest.

Two of Nicholson's three Oscars have come via Brooks films: 1983's "Terms of Endearment" and 1997's "As Good as It Gets."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks