Joker (2019)

Started by Alethia, September 21, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

Robyn

Quote from: eward on April 04, 2019, 10:16:14 AM
If you pause the trailer around the 45 second mark, you can see my name rolling up the TV screen!  :yabbse-grin:

nice!!

Alethia

Drenk

It's in competition in Venice. Will it be...good?
Ascension.

jenkins

Drenk

I'd be an hypocrit too if it could give me a part alongside De Niro!
Ascension.

Drenk

Ascension.

Alethia

Oh man that zapped me right back to last fall. The week we shot all the DeNiro/Maron/backstage material was such an electric experience, and seeing those shots in their final form is making me feel all warm and tingly. Can't wait to see this (on 70!).

polkablues

More and more convinced this thing is an under-the-radar The Master sequel.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

i don't know how this one will shake out for me. i can sense that the marketing will tire me and i should avoid reading early praises. i'll attempt to not dislike it before i see it, in order to maybe see it, but that's going to be tough

Drenk

90% of Film Twitter is pre-hating the movie. You'll be safe!
Ascension.

jenkins

do you want to quote them? if not it's okay, it doesn't really matter

jenkins

i like the type of tweets you read. i appreciate that you shared them

the best way for me to see this movie would be without outside influence, that's all i'm positive about. i don't think it's going to be an easy path and i don't know how it'll all end up

and eward shared a twitter quote too, thanks too. yeah i like this anti-joker vibe because it's reacting against the same voices that i'm saying sour me

Alethia

Pulling back from my obvious bias as much as I can, I have to admit that some of the specific criticisms I've caught wind of from folks who managed to sneak a peek at the script aren't exactly wrong...