Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Fuzzy Dunlop

I haven't heard anything about it and apparently he hasn't even written it yet. Would love some unconfirmed rumors from whoever has em.`

jenkins

it's titled Patience and his biggest fans haven't heard of it yet.

polkablues

Scoreless adaptation of Metal Gear Solid starring Vincent Froio.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

It's a spin off movie with Lance from PDL

Drenk

It's a movie about someone on the internet with no jokes left and how he manages to survive in it.
Ascension.

ono

I have so much love to give.  I just don't know where to put it.

They brainstormin'.  They seen some shit.

https://twitter.com/cigsandredvines/status/912718585889542144

martinthewarrior

Real talk, I spoke to one of Mr. Anderson's close friends in Los Angeles who said the new movie is "great and really weird" and that "he has another already to go when this one's done".

Yes

Quote from: martinthewarrior on October 02, 2017, 05:16:51 PM
Real talk, I spoke to one of Mr. Anderson's close friends in Los Angeles who said the new movie is "great and really weird" and that "he has another already to go when this one's done".

:shock:

wilberfan

Quote from: martinthewarrior on October 02, 2017, 05:16:51 PMthe new movie is "great and really weird" and that "he has another already to go when this one's done".

I'm really up for "great" and "another ready to go".  Not sure if I can handle "really weird".

Vicko99

Quote from: wilberfan on October 02, 2017, 09:51:57 PM
Quote from: martinthewarrior on October 02, 2017, 05:16:51 PMthe new movie is "great and really weird" and that "he has another already to go when this one's done".

I'm really up for "great" and "another ready to go".  Not sure if I can handle "really weird".
You're in the wrong director thread then.

budwillies

Quote from: martinthewarrior on October 02, 2017, 05:16:51 PM

Really excited.  Hopefully, the trailer drops next week.

wilberfan

Quote from: Alessio Gibbs on October 04, 2017, 02:26:51 PM
Not sure if I can handle "really weird".

You're a PTA fan aren't you?

Yep.  One of his biggest.

But I'm still butthurt about how much I disliked Inherent Vice...

Drenk

You can argue that it's more disliking Pynchon than disliking PTA.
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

I was also not thrilled with Inherent Vice, and I agree it probably goes back to the source material. That's probably what I was getting at with this:

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 23, 2015, 10:33:26 AMWhat I'm not feeling is a beating heart at the center, or a story that is screaming to be heard, or any character with a particularly rich inner life . . . This just doesn't have the soul that I assume a PTA movie will have.

Gold Trumpet

Inherent Vice could have been a lot better if they slimmed down the plot and allowed it to be a relaxed look at an interesting character like Doc. The time with his character needed to breathe more and be more loose and fun.