Favourite Lynch Film

Started by phil marlowe, January 21, 2003, 05:10:20 PM

phil marlowe

Had to be done sooner or later, i just wanted to be the one.

My fave: Blue Velvet/Mulholland Drive - not sure

Cecil

i have a tough time choosing between blue velvet, lost highway and eraserhead. god i love lynch

Duck Sauce

Once you get some of the details figured out, Mulholland Drive. Im still working on completley understanding it.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Duck SauceOnce you get some of the details figured out, Mulholland Drive. Im still working on completley understanding it.

I agree but i think i do have it all figured out by now, but what really makes my head hurt, is Lost Highway.

life_boy

The more I think back to Mulholland Drive the more I love it.  David Lynch's films are always so oddly beautiful.  I wonder if he was like Ricky Fitts as a teenager?

phil marlowe

Yeah, the "i'am filming this dead bird because it's beautiful" sequence gotta be inspired.

Newtron

Cecil

Quote from: NewtronLost Highway, no doubt.

its great to see that some people do enjoy this masterpiece. i seriously do think that lost highway is one of lynchs very best, and its sad that most consider it too boring and weird.

life_boy

I've never seen Lost Highway.  I should rent it sometime.

Cecil

Quote from: life_boyI've never seen Lost Highway.  I should rent it sometime.

that you should.

life_boy

Never seen Eraserhead either.

bonanzataz

ONLY Lynch film I've ever really seen was Mulholland Dr and I loved it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NewtronLost Highway, no doubt.

It's at least the most underrated one. I love that movie, for all its painfulness.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: life_boyNever seen Eraserhead either.

DVD info please? I cant find the VHS

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceDVD info please?

The DVD doesn't exist.