The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

rustinglass

what will be the setting for this one? the vietman trenches?

edit: or barracks, I'm really not an expert on that war
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Reinhold

Quote from: lamasanyone know anything about the christmas special episodes and whether or not that DVD will be released in america anytime soon?  i've seen some people selling it on ebay.

i think they're out. i got them from the city library when i got the rest of the series a little bit ago.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

cine

They're only going to able to do so many business poses for dvd covers... I hope they're aware of this.

Ravi

The UK cover on page 1 is better.

meatball

I just watched the First Series, and I must say...

I have never been so depressed watching a tele-show in my life.

Everything about office life depresses me to no end.

cine

I just rented the first season of it... will post thoughts later this week.

SHAFTR

Quote from: CinephileI just rented the first season of it... will post thoughts later this week.

It easily lands in my top 3 television shows ever.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

Admin edit: SPOILERS

My next name is Slough.  When I feel like it, though.
I like to hug dogs

cine

My thoughts of Season 1:

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanBold statement: David Brent is one of the most fascinating characters of all time.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree too. The nuances that Gervais adds to Brent are endless. Just endless. The eye shifting to the camera, the smirking, the "yea?" after making points. The complexities behind the character make him fascinating, yes.

Quote from: SHAFTRI finally saw season 1. It took me a couple of the episodes for me to get into it, but once I did it was great. I imagine they have great replay value.
Oh hell yes, do they ever. I've already watched the episodes 2 or 3 times each. The jokes get funnier and funnier. And more jokes come out of the show.

I could say more about this, and I probably will later.. I suggest everybody buy Season 1. Comedy at its finest.

meatball

Quote from: Cinephile...the "yea?" after making points.

Reminds me of Ridley and Tony Scott.

Pubrick

Quote from: meatballing
Quote from: Cinephile...the "yea?" after making points.

Reminds me of Ridley and Tony Scott.
haha. they're just being british. u know, speaking normally.

i suppose u are also fascinated by the phrase "innit?" (literal translation: "isn't it"; meaning: "right, u know?")

it's not the novelty of the english way of speaking that makes this show great. the subtle character traits of the supporting cast are brilliant. the documentary on the dvd about the evolution of the show was really ekzellent, that stephen merchant dude seems like a cool guy. and it was great to learn how brilliant little moments like between dawn and tim were improvised.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: Pubricki suppose u are also fascinated by the phrase "innit?" (literal translation: "isn't it"; meaning: "right, u know?")
No, it's the fact that when David says "yea?" it adds more to his ego/patronizing side.

dumbass.

Pubrick

that's better exemplified when he blinks in slow motion and his eyes roll a bit to the back of his head.

jerk.
under the paving stones.

cine

For those keeping score at home, I should point out to everyone that David Brent is the only character in television history to do these things.