Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

SHAFTR

Natalie Portman...she signed my Kerry Edwards sign.  My friend told me to act like his phone was a cameraphone (which it wasn't), so he could put his arm around her for a "photo"

Talked to Zach Braff and Rachel Bilson on the set of "The Last Kiss", in which I was an extra for.  Braff seems pretty cool, Bilson was unbelievably dumb.  He was trying to show her a card trick, when he was done Rachel turned to my friend and I (different friend from above) and said, "I bet you guys know better tricks".  My friend responded with, "I stopped using card tricks to pick up women 10 years ago."
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

saw James Iha (of Smashing Pumpkins) and Ric Ocasek (of the Cars) at the Mercury Lounge tonite seperately.  Ocasek we had seen before a few years ago outside Irving Plaza but tonite i think he hit on my girlfriend.  i had to verify it was him cause otherwise id've killed the old creep!  you know, if he hadn't sung in the cars and married a supermodel.  i was like 2 feet away from iha at one point and since smashing pumpkins were my whole world back in high school the temptation was high to just say 'so billy said you broke up the band and now he wants to get back together.'  and wait for a response...  but i left him alone.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

samsong

john cameron mitchell @ film forum
colin quinn @ kim's video

i love new york

hedwig

Quote from: samsongjohn cameron mitchell @ film forum

die.

Reinhold

i met russell malone last night. ... he's a great jazz guitarist, but not extroardinarily well known outside of jazz fans.

he hit on the girl i was with... they'd met before in france a couple years ago. she used the opportunity to give him a copy of her jazz demo.

it was a fun night and a great show.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gamblour.

Robert Townshend is coming to speak to my class on Tuesday. Sadly, I only know him from Meteor Man. Come to think of it, I think this is a guy that people try to say he's had a career, when he really hasn't.
WWPTAD?

meatwad

Quote from: GamblourCome to think of it, I think this is a guy that people try to say he's had a career, when he really hasn't.

you need to watch this

hedwig

Reinhold

i saw Tom Wilkinson today in the union square virgin.

cheap jacks is out of business now.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

meatwad

Quote from: Reinhold Messnercheap jacks is out of business now.

hang a right around the corner on to 3rd ave, and head towards st. marks. there is a vintage clothing place that is basically cheap jacks but smaller. like a block or two before kim's and st. marks books

Reinhold

thanks. i was gonna put that in the new york non vacation thread, but cheap jacks was mentioned here before.

crazy enough, i was actually in the place you're talking about today. but i didn't see anybody in there. just a lot of overpriced old clothes.

soixante

I met Robert Townsend at a movie theater many years ago.  He was a really nice guy.

I met Paul Le Mat last month at a 50's car show.  He was very nice, too.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Slick Shoes

modage

spoke to: Mark Romanek, Jonathan Glazer, Anton Corbijn, Stéphane Sednaoui
saw: Michael Stipe, (pretty sure two members of Arcade Fire)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

I feel bad for slightly dissing Townsend. He ended up work shopping a few improvised scenes. Really good, thorough, made sure to tell us what we did wrong. Super nice guy, very insightful.
WWPTAD?