"Our Song"

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 17, 2003, 04:33:41 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Anyone had/have a loved one in which you had "a song."  The one you shared together that reminded you of each other?

Some of mine were...

Jimmies Chicken Shack - 30 Days

Dave Matthews Band - Space Between

Office Space - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta

Ben Folds - Luckiest

Do I listen to these songs now and regret making them a "song" because I think of an X-girlfriend because of it?  No.  I'm not bitter at all.  They actually remind me of the good times I've spent with them.

Any songs make you and your other half warm and tingly?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

ghetto boyz do damn it feels good to be a gangsta...i think

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomisghetto boyz do damn it feels good to be a gangsta...i think

yeah, you're right.  I just list it as Office Space because i have it saved on my computer as Office Space Soundtrack.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

TheVoiceOfNick

Completely Miserable - Lit
Somebody - Depeche Mode

mogwai

coffeebeetle

I dated this girl about two years ago that loved to making out to:

We both loved Magnolia too.  *Sigh*  I can't say there isn't some regret, some deep down longing for those times whenever I hear a song from it.  But what's done is done.  :wink:
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaieminem "kim"

not your fault....

RegularKarate

The Way Young Lovers Do - Van Morrison

It's ours... no one elses

Our wedding songs are kind of our songs:

-Somebody to Love - Queen (I'm aware it's about not having someone, but the way we did it during the wedding, it made sense)
-Luckiest - Ben Folds
-Anyway you want it- Journey

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarate-Anyway you want it- Journey

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

It was a condition of the wedding, that song.

It was my tribute to the movies.  

My dad (who married us) introduced us to the crowd as husband and wife, then the DJ blasted "Anyway you want it" over the speakers and we ran off.  We were like... letting the crowd know that it was time to party.

freakerdude

I Hate Your Fucking Guts by The Cycle Sluts and Let's Blow Our Heads Off by Rigor Mortis.

Seriously, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton is a beautifully fitting song.
MC Pee Pants

molly

this topic always make me blush, whenever I pass by it. So, I decided to be brave and make a post. And I did.
Do you blush when a song on the radio reminds you how silly you once were?
(Or you have never behaved silly, and don't know what the hell am I typing about)

Sigur Rós

All the girls I've been with have had bad taste in music. So there has never really been a "our song" it has always been more like "Her freaking song!"

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SIGUR R©SAll the girls I've been with have had bad taste in music. So there has never really been a "our song" it has always been more like "Her freaking song!"
exactly...

and try and tell her that the song is fuckin' garbage, see what happens.  I have never had a "our song"...but my girlfriends were always convinced it was some pile of crap.  

Shit, I think one girl tried telling me "our song" was Journey's Faithfully.  Yeah, I cheated on her.

freakerdude

Quote from: aclockworkjjShit, I think one girl tried telling me "our song" was Journey's Faithfully.  Yeah, I cheated on her.
How semi subliminally ironic......
MC Pee Pants