Promote your local bands

Started by Sigur Rós, February 12, 2004, 11:44:38 AM

stalllove

Sleuth

I got it, but I'm in the middle of a CD right now so I won't be able to hear it for a while
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

weren't you in a band sloyj? if so, please postie.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Ghostboywww.theaterfire.com

I definately like this band.

Sleuth

Quote from: phil marloweweren't you in a band sloyj? if so, please postie.

No...I have a terrible joke online band, but that is only my frustration at not being able to form a real band that can work within my sensibilities

EDIT:  Stalllove, I liked the song by the way
I like to hug dogs

stalllove

Sleuth

Did you sample Across the Universe in the latter half of it?
I like to hug dogs

stalllove

yes indeed, thats the fiona apple's ver. as well.

The whole thing is this sort of free style stream of music thing im trying. It's all done live and on the fly. it's really fun. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

RegularKarate

Quote from: SloyjWoozy Helmet is a kind of fun punkish band, live anyway.  They are from Austin, though, and that isn't very local.  Other than that, no.  Absolutely nothing.

Hey... you can't claim that band!  That's my turf.

Seriously though, I hadn't heard these guys.  They sound pretty good.  They just had a show about five minutes from my house a couple weeks ago.

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: SloyjWoozy Helmet is a kind of fun punkish band, live anyway.  They are from Austin, though, and that isn't very local.  Other than that, no.  Absolutely nothing.

Hey... you can't claim that band!  That's my turf.

Seriously though, I hadn't heard these guys.  They sound pretty good.  They just had a show about five minutes from my house a couple weeks ago.

I saw them once live a few months ago, and that's how I am familiar with them.  The mp3s on the site don't really do them justice
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Quote from: phil marloweTHE PSYKE PROJECT: http://www.thepsykeroject.dk

This band fucking rocks! Everybody with a queer ear for hardcore should check em' out.

penfold0101

http://www.ukbassline.co.uk/

Run By a DJ Guvnor with help from Hi-Rise this is a website for Drum and bass (Jungle) and house DJs and producers. plenty of original drum and bass for download. Take a look if you like that sort of thing.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

molly