SONGS REGARDING THE MOVIES

Started by godardian, May 17, 2003, 06:43:28 PM

the whole album "Chain Gang of Love" by the Raveonettes has a 50's movie vibe in it.
context, context, context.

Sleuth

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: SlorgRoxy Music - 2HB

Yes!

Yes!!

Yes!!!!

I Loooooooooove Roxy Music. Pre-1980, anyways.

have you heard the cover by the supergroup Venus in Furs?  Thom Yorke is almost unrecognizable so you might like it
I like to hug dogs

classical gas

sorry to be so vague, but i'm on my way out the door, just wanted to post this, maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

there's a pixie's song, first song on doolittle, i think, that talks about that bunuel short; i'm not going to even attempt to spell it right now...okay, i'll try to start it...Un Chein Ad....nevermind

Sleuth

Debaser seems to be about Un Chien Andalou but Frank says something like, "I am un chien andalousia"
I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: Slorg
Quote from: godardian
Quote from: SlorgRoxy Music - 2HB

Yes!

Yes!!

Yes!!!!

I Loooooooooove Roxy Music. Pre-1980, anyways.

have you heard the cover by the supergroup Venus in Furs?  Thom Yorke is almost unrecognizable so you might like it

As featured in Velvet Goldmine and on the soundtrack?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I've seen the film dozens of times, played the soundtrack hundreds. One of the best things Thom Yorke ever did. Ewan McGregor can sing just like Iggy Pop, too!!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pedro

"debaser" has the really big Un Chien Andalou reference of "slicin up eyeballs"

Pro T-Bono

tom courtenay - yo la tengo

references to julie christie among others
that's amazing!              Where are we?

GoneSavage

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat"debaser" has the really big Un Chien Andalou reference of "slicin up eyeballs"

I want you to know...

http://www.wayney.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/uca.htm

UNKLE - Drums of Death  (Pt. 1)
context, context, context.