Tony Kaye

Started by NEON MERCURY, January 10, 2004, 11:12:49 PM

NEON MERCURY

...has he done a follw-up to American History X.......?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

..hmm..Snowblind.eh?

has anyone seen this.....any good.....?....

socketlevel

haven't seen it but i must be honest i'm surprised he got the chance to make another film, considering the whole mess that happened with American history X.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Pubrick

yeah he shot himself up the ass with am hist X.

it's a shame cos he's old, bald, and reportedly smelly. he really could use the work.
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Wasn't he calling himself the next Kubrick? Even invested some of his own money in X...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

socketlevel

i'm not sure but i wouldn't be surprised.  i must say i did get a laugh out of that whole "humpty dumpty" thing.  too bad that wasn't his credit.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: socketleveli must be honest i'm surprised he got the chance to make another film, considering the whole mess that happened with American history X.

-sl-

care to explain....?.......i'm out of the loop.....as the saying goes......

modage

the short version.  he was removed from the film in the editing room and edward norton assembled the film himself to his liking.  i forget the whole story though,
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02the short version.  he was removed from the film in the editing room and edward norton assembled the film himself to his liking.  i forget the whole story though,

hmmmm....

i didn't knnow that.....thanks.....

so really American History X was "An Edward Norton Film"?.....

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: Tony KayeIn two or three years' time, Edward will look back – particularly when I have a body of work of movies I've made – and he'll really regret it. And his embarassment will increase with every film I make.
oops, i guess that didnt really happend did it?  since that would've been up in 01' and its now '04 and he has yet to make another film to see the light of day.  i guess he really fucked himself good with that one, didnt he? he seems like a prick.  this interview is full of contradictions and him blowing so much smoke out his ass he could be a locomotive.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

the dude is like 50 and hasn't done shit. he blew his one big chance and now he's a cautionary tale.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

.damn.....that wild sh*t....thanks for the link Mac.....

.....he looks like the lead singer of tool.....

Pedro

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.....he looks like the lead singer of tool.....
yeah, except uglier.