Pearl Jam

Started by rustinglass, July 21, 2003, 03:02:55 PM

Myxo

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: cronopiowhy are pearl jam fans hostile when you tell them you don't like the band?

because its ignorant to not like pearl jam.

I didn't see "Elderly Woman Behind a Counter..." on that setlist tho. I love that song!

..and shame on them for setting up chairs at the Gorge. How lame.

NEON MERCURY

myxo,

check again.  look after the ramones cover....."elderly woman sitting behind _ _______ __ _ small town"..

mog, from that setlist....i love state of love and trust........and that cover of that badasss mother love bone song, crown of thorns

abuck1220

that's quite a deal they got going on over there at the ten club. anybody a member? i have been for quite some time now, and it translates into some great seats for the shows.

they showed pj's 'given to fly' tonight during that mtv thing for the hurricane. can't remember where it was from, but it was good. not as good as trent reznor however...

mogwai

Quote from: abuck1220they showed pj's 'given to fly' tonight during that mtv thing for the hurricane. can't remember where it was from, but it was good. not as good as trent reznor however...
it was from the credit union centre, saskatoon, sk, canada. trent's performance was really good.

rustinglass

Quote from: cronopiowhy are pearl jam fans hostile when you tell them you don't like the band?
do you people get this too?

Some guy once told me that kusturica films are like pearl jam records, in the sence that they never really evolved after TEN and just repeat themselves. I hate that guy so very very much.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

cine

so the hamilton show kicked our asses pretty good. the setlist:

Porch
Save You
Spin The Black Circle
Animal
Given To Fly
Sad
U
Corduroy
Half Full
Daughter
I Believe In Miracles
Lukin
Insignificant
Present Tense
Untitled
MFC
Jeremy
Betterman
Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

Thumbing My Way
I Am Mine
Harvest Moon
Black
Alive

Encore Break 2

Last Exit
Go
In My Tree
Small Town
Indifference
Rockin' in the Free World
Yellow Ledbetter

eddie did about a million toasts throughout the night.. i think he was staring at bethie during "U".. i don't know what happened there. someone threw a belt at him near the end of the show that said "VEDDER" on it. nice gift i guess but it almost BELTED him in the head.  :yabbse-undecided:

one highlight of my life is seeing somebody ask bethie if she has rolling papers.

anyway, great show and congrats to newlyweds jack and jen.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Bethie

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: abuck1220they showed pj's 'given to fly' tonight during that mtv thing for the hurricane. can't remember where it was from, but it was good. not as good as trent reznor however...
it was from the credit union centre, saskatoon, sk, canada.

man. I wish I caught that!

what show is your avatar picture from? it makes me envious of those audience members/ten clubers. I renewed my Ten Club membership tonight. Next concert, I'll be upfront. ..like that one time I had Floor, Row 7..and couldn't go. oh, life. next time. next time.

I had a great time Tuesday night though. Given To Fly got me pumped. I was overly excited to hear Jeremy. How cliche of me to want them to perform Jeremy. I love how the audience can overpower the band like  when Eddie lets us sing the lyrics to Daughter, Small Town, and Betterman.

I propose a toast...

notice how proud Matt is. He's like, "look at me. this is the second band I've been in where the lead singer has long hair..and is attractive! what are you going to do about" Eddie's like "matt shut up. look at my Vedder belt" and Jeff is feeling ashamed.

all in all, that Vedder belt is priceless. and the show was good. I've already listened to the bootleg twice.
who likes movies anyway

mogwai

i'm listening to the show right now. it sounds great so far and i'm currently listening on given to fly. here's the origin of my avatar:

from twofeetthick.com:

"Last Kiss" is played to the fans in the back, with the lights on. Before it starts, Ed climbs into the stands and makes his way up about ten rows, tailed closely by security. People are high-fiving him and patting him on the back. People from the sections around are all running over to be closer. They start "Last Kiss" once he has picked his new spot in the seats. Security try to leave an open path for him to get back down."

i think it's great that they play songs from lost dogs too.

edit: oh, the show is from the 9th of september show in fort william gardens, thunder bay.

Bethie

man. wow. unbelievable.

I love Pearl Jam.
who likes movies anyway

rustinglass

God i never got to see them live yet, I'm so jealous!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

Pearl Jam have revealed that they are moving in a new "aggressive" direction for the follow-up to 2002's 'Riot Act'.

The band are also saying that the material being written for the album is "easily the best stuff" the band have ever produced.

"It's been a difficult record and it's like sometimes the harder something is, then the more valuable it becomes," singer Eddie Vedder said.

During an interview with a Brazilian radio station, he added: "It's easily the best stuff we've done but also some of the hardest stuff. It's very aggressive, because again,

it's kind of a product of what it's like to be an American these days. It's pretty aggressive, especially when you turn it loud."

Pearl Jam are preparing to kick off a tour of South America on November 22 in Santiago after working on the new album for most of 2005.

Vedder explained: "It's not quite done. I'm hoping to finish the last of the songs while I'm down (in South America). I'm bringing my tape machines and all that down. If

I can come back and finish the last few songs in January, then it will be out in April or something."

However, the tour will not see the group debut any new material with the singer explaining: "We want them to be heard for the first time when the record comes out."

The band's upcoming album is currently untitled, but Vedder said that he is thinking of a name which plays on Soundgarden's 'Superunknown'.

"I was thinking of the word 'un-owned' -- not owned by anybody," he revealed. "The sky is un-owned. The moon is un-owned. We're un-owned. We want to remain un-owned. The title was 'Superun-owned'."

grand theft sparrow

My friend Mike sent me this in an e-mail this morning with the following caption:

Eddie Vedder left pearl jam this week. Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, who once was a roadie for metallica, will be the new singer.

I Love a Magician

Pearl Jam is my favorite band. And from the looks of that picture, their next album will sound like My Morning Jacket.

Bethie

I've been waiting ever so patiently for their Christmas single.
who likes movies anyway

Sunrise

Quote from: hacksparrow on January 31, 2006, 11:18:38 AM
My friend Mike sent me this in an e-mail this morning with the following caption:

Eddie Vedder left pearl jam this week. Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, who once was a roadie for metallica, will be the new singer.

Geez...he does look like The Dude. I grew up on Pearl Jam and was fortunate enough to be at The Gorge last year with my best friend from college. We're both Pearl Jam maniacs. Eagerly anticipating the new album. Magician, ironically my same friend just turned me onto My Morning Jacket.