I got the PDL DVD - The definitive thread

Started by aurora, June 19, 2003, 04:50:16 AM

fulty

Quote from: Duck SauceRQ: And here is Reece Witherspoon to talk about Legally Blonde 2
:lol: Thank you for the best laugh of the day..!!

Sorry folks.
My dvd arrived as a surprise fathers day gift.
I got home from work and my daughter had "hidden" it right on top of the TV.
I saw it as soon as I walked into the room.

It will forever be etched in my mind as the best dvd cover ever..!!
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

bonanzataz

who's RQ?

this dvd looks so pretty now, but in a few months the cover will be hurting and creased, like all my other pta movies (besides hard eight which came in a regular, non cardboard case).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazwho's RQ?

Robin Quivers

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

BonBon85

Picked it up today at Best Buy. I had to drive and hour and a half to get to Best Buy. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere this summer, but, strangely, they had tons of copies not only in the new release section but they had laid out a table at the front of the store with just PDL. I'm kind of neutral about the outer cover, but when I slid that off and saw the Jeremy Blake art on the white background I was quite pleased. I also like the use of duct tape, my new favorite art supply.

NEON MERCURY

went and got it on the 24th and keep in mind i have not seen this during its theatrical run....so got home after work w/my beer and cigs and watch a film that met my expectations ..I enjoyed most the music(sounds like medeski, martin and wood SORT of-i.e. wild jazz man) and the visuals very fun and unique film to look at like a Ko-LLIDE-a-Skope very impressive really great off-beat film-( :yabbse-thumbup:  to P. T. Anderson & Crew).....great exras nice packaging..etc.etc.etc...in the words of  Barry........THIS is nice.

Bud_Clay

Pretty fantastic.  I can't help but feel let down that there is no commentary track or atleast behind the scenes footage.  The dvd really feels in need of some sort of pt anderson documentation of himself working on this film.  He's never had a dvd released without such a thing.  Very disappointing.

Have to say that deleted scene with Adam Sandler losing his train of thought from the running little kid is the funniest fucking thing i've ever seen.  I wish there was some explination as to why it was taken out.

chainsmoking insomniac

In the shooting script, PTA writes a scene on the airplane (as he's heading off to Hawaii to unite with Lena) and he wells up with tears, a beautiful flood of emotion, as he spots a baby on a plane.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Quote from: punchdrunk23In the shooting script, PTA writes a scene on the airplane (as he's heading off to Hawaii to unite with Lena) and he wells up with tears, a beautiful flood of emotion, as he spots a baby on a plane.

That scene was shot...trust me. But it was with a little boy.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

Yes, but it wasn't in the final cut.  I wish he'd included it (or the deleted scene at the warehouse).
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pubrick

i wish he never threw anything away, or that he only shot exactly precisely what he needed and that he would never change his mind or let things go.

and i'd also like a collection of all the cigarette butts he discarded during filming.
under the paving stones.

markums2k

Shit, I'm late getting my copy.

I really don't feel like ordering it online.  I'll probably go through some kind of hell getting it local, just like when Fight Club came out.

I had to argue with my then-boss for the last copy in CompUSA.

And to whom it may concern: I would have freakin'  PRE-ORDERED PDL if there was audio commentary.  But here I am, 2 days late and counting...  :roll:

©brad

just watching it and found a part that is so great and sad that i forgot about. when barry is at that phone booth in the airport leaving the message for georgia telling her he'll be home in a few days and that they should work out getting his money back -etc.-- well isn't it funny how polite barry is at that part? i mean these ppl. stole his money and smashed his car and everything and he's still all like "please call me back, thank you." and the music at that part too, it's sad.

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: ©bradjust watching it and found a part that is so great and sad that i forgot about. when barry is at that phone booth in the airport leaving the message for georgia telling her he'll be home in a few days and that they should work out getting his money back -etc.-- well isn't it funny how polite barry is at that part? i mean these ppl. stole his money and smashed his car and everything and he's still all like "please call me back, thank you." and the music at that part too, it's sad.

No biggie... But at that point they had not yet smashed his car. When he is driving home from the airport is when they smash him... And hurt his lady. That is what causes him to finaly loose the nice guy timid approach.
Serious?

fulty

Quote from: ©bradisn't it funny how polite barry is at that part?
I really liked that part also.
I even commented to my friends who I invited over to watch, ( my new shiny dvd !! ) how nice that scene was.
They explained to me that lots of men get calmer after getting laid.

I was just wondering.....is this true..??
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

sphinx

Quote from: fultyI was just wondering.....is this true..??

usually they get very uptight and nervous and pissy which explains why everybody in the world is so angry all the time