To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

El Duderino

am I the only one who pronounces it X-I-X-A-X?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Tommy Both

Fly or Die, butch

"I do... ; we do! "

X*I*X*A*X is my pronouncation. . . only in Amsterdam.. :wink:

SHAFTR

I've noticed it's been down a lot, for me atleast.  IE Last night and a few nights before.  What's the deal?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRI've noticed it's been down a lot, for me atleast.  IE Last night and a few nights before.  What's the deal?

Quote----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 10:30 AM
Subject: MAD DANCER MEDIA - Web Server Update

We wanted to bring you up to speed on a couple of issues we've recently
been experiencing with our web servers.

The past two nights, our main web server had some issues following the daily
analysis and rotation of its web logs. As a result of this glitch, the web
server didn't reset itself as it should have, which caused some web sites
to be unresponsive until we were made aware of the matter the following
morning. No email or other services were affected by this. Web browsing
was the only service affected.

As a result of the outages the past two nights, we've put new systems in
place to ensure that if an issue like this occurs in the future, we will
be immediately notified and can bring the system back online manually
if necessary.

Another one of our web servers experienced a hard drive failure on Sunday
which resulted in some downtime of a few community forums and chats on
Sunday afternoon. This system was a "mirrored" system which allowed us to
continue operating with no loss of data until we were able to replace the
faulty hard drive on Monday Evening.

As I'm sure you are aware, we make it top priority here at MDM to make sure
that your web sites are served as reliably as possible. If you ever have any
questions or problems regarding the services we provide, please do not
hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,
-Michael Wilson
Mad Dancer Media, Inc.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Index pageIn total there are 108 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 106 Guests   [ Administrator ]   [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 250 on Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:01 pm
Registered Users: Walrus, Kookookajoob, wantautopia?
This data is based on users active over the past five minutes

Holy hell!  106 guests today, 250 people were online yesterday.

That's just... wow.

Good work with the site and all, that's pretty amazing.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

sorry to burst your bubble but it's an error of some sort. i'd like to know why its been doing that...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cinephilesorry to burst your bubble but it's an error of some sort. i'd like to know why its been doing that...

Fuck errors, let's pretend it's awesome.

Now that I look into it...

Quote from: Xixaxthat number was generated not by actual users, but by Google when its bot was spidering the site. I have seen as many as 25 registered users online at a time before, though.

God damn it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sara Shagal

Hey, I'm Sara and my username is taken from Roman Polanski's The Fearless Vampire Killers: Or pardon me but your teeth are in my neck. I joined here after my husband, Planet_jake joined and introduced me to it. Some of my fav. directors are Roman Polanski, Tim Burton, Pedro Almodovar, Federico Fellini and Giuseppe Tornatore.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Quote from: Sara ShagalHey, I'm Sara and my username is taken from Roman Polanski's The Fearless Vampire Killers: Or pardon me but your teeth are in my neck. I joined here after my husband, Planet_jake joined and introduced me to it. Some of my fav. directors are Roman Polanski, Tim Burton, Pedro Almodovar, Federico Fellini and Giuseppe Tornatore.
welcome, sara. it is nice to have you here (:

Gamblour.

Quote from: StefenSo you're married? Or seperated?

XIXAX: Where tact is defenestrated
WWPTAD?

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarWhere tact is defenestrated

hahahaha that was hilarious gamblor
context, context, context.

planet_jake

Okey Dokey. In honor of Sara, My wife, introducing herself, I've decided to introduce myself as well. I'm Jake, I live in Chicago and I work at a movie theatre. I think you know where to find a list of my favorite movies, so I wont waste the ink here. I am also a film student (and who isn't, right?). ANd enjoy the works of Fellini, Hawks, Herzog, Melies, Chuck Jones, Alejandro Jodorowsky among many others... I hope I get to know you all better. I have actually been a lurker on these board si nce I was about 15 or so... I am 20 now... But I won't bore you here. I hope we all can be friends... Yay. :yabbse-thumbup: