NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

SHAFTR

EA also acquired the rights to the NFL Logo, teams and players for the next 5 years.

What does this mean?
- Only Madden games from now on, no ESPN games.
- High price for Madden (no reason to compete with ESPN's $20 price tag)
- Worse Madden Games (no reason to make them any better)
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Stefen

Quote from: SHAFTREA also acquired the rights to the NFL Logo, teams and players for the next 5 years.

What does this mean?

Yeah, that is so fucked. Fuck capitalism. ESPN had the best football game the last two years too. And the basketball games had been better since 2000. Fuck EA!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: SHAFTREA also acquired the rights to the NFL Logo, teams and players for the next 5 years.

What does this mean?

Yeah, that is so fucked. Fuck capitalism. ESPN had the best football game the last two years too. And the basketball games had been better since 2000. Fuck EA!

EA = Extreme Assholes

...i'm so clever
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

UncleJoey

This isn't good news at all, but I admit that part of me is happy to see someone do the same thing to the ESPN video game division that ESPN.com has done to many sports websites.  Does anyone remember Sportstalk.com? Excellent sports website that ESPN.com bought out. Now they have this bullshit ESPN Insider feature that takes away great writers like Rob Neyer . . .

I just really hate ESPN.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Stefen

ESPN is just a name thrown on the game so people will buy it. Sega is the real people behind the ESPN games and it's them that this is gonna hurt, and they are top knotch and don't deserve it. I hate ESPN too.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

Today's introspective video game question: Do violent video games cause aggression or relieve it?

For me they've always seemed to relieve it.

And another question: What exactly makes a video game violent? Where do you draw the violent line? Does it have to include blood or gore, or does any kind of violent act make it violent? Isn't Pac Man violent? And isn't Tetris a highly Freudian game?

Sleuth

it does both clearly
Like anything, the more you see it and get desensitized, the more it seems to be a normal thing that one is capable of doing (to whatever degree).  You can play and relieve your aggression but there's no way it's an either-or

IMO
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Umm, sorry to break it to you, but the world is black and white.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanUmm, sorry to break it to you, but the world is black and white.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... Part of me thinks you're serious, and the other part knows we're discussing it in a video game thread.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

Of course he's joking, but now I'm not sure at what level

Is he agreeing with me because I was saying it's Both (and not either-or) or if he's being sarcastic because I said it so matter-of-factly :?
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

I think Sleuth DOES know the answer and is being sarcastic about the question about the answer

NEON MERCURY

i just wanted to give you guys a heads up and tell you that if you own a gamecube you have to buy this game.  i have played alot of video game sin my life.  whuich explains the fact that i :

A. have no girlfriend
B. masterbate using my old school nintendo power glove
C. eat lots of macaroni and cheese
D. know a good game when i play it

i played just about every resident evil game out there and this one is so foar ahead its ridiculous.  first off the graphics are the best i hav esen on any system  ever.  betteer than riddick, halo 2, metroid prime 2, ghost recon 2, splinter cell 2, ninja gaiden, etc......its fucking gorgeous.  i have seen pics of what the next gen system graphics will look like and this game looks like that.  i have always heard that ou tof the three systems [ps2, gamecube, xbox] that the xbox is the most 'powerful' but the gamecube is capable of producing the best graphics when the systems potential is maxed...you really got to see it to believe it... i shit you not.  

also, the controls are fixed.  if you played previous RE games then you know the view is a top down 3rd person minus true analog control.  so sometimes its frustrating to manuever when you are being attacked.  now the camera is more behind you like splinter cell and the controls are fixed.  there are still soem familiar game mechanics from previous RE games that appear on this one too.  such as limited inventory but its managed more easier [trust me... its great], and there are some puzzles that are fun and not frustrating, you still save at typewriters but you can save as many times as you wish [no ink ribbon system], familiar characters appear fro the RE faithful, and the herbs are still here.

but this game focuses more an action.  you got your basic weaponry like knife, pistol, handgun, shotgun, but then you can get automatics, heavy artilery like rocket launchers and plenty of other shit...its huge when it comes to weapons and you getr to upgrade them like an RPG. i havent finished the gam eyet its long like 25+ plus hours to beat.  but its so fucking fun to kill your attackers.  there is a great sense of freedom on the many ways you can dispatch them.     some examples:

-when you aim at a specific body part and fire-you get real life results
-you will get chills the first time you are up close to an enemy and aim the shotgun at the dudes face then fire-beautiful just like scanners.
-the boss battles are the best ever, better than metal gears battles..and my favorite is the thing big ass mother fucker that reminiscant of the giant from lord of the rings...its awesome.
-the enviroment and how you can use it to your advantage is great stuff.  if you are being surrounded by enemies try aiming at their kness and they will drop[ the hit detection is incredible] then make a break for it into a house and you can move furniture to cover up doors and windows and snipe them on the roof w/ a rife, or shoot throug the doors with the shotgun and fuck them up lik eyou see in th emovies...its so fuckign fun findoing ou tth emany different ways to killing these bitches. i dont want to spoil it all.  

lastly there is alot of replay value a la minigh ames and tons of unlockables..etc.

just buy this thing ........

GodDamnImDaMan

God Damn's Take on video games

Now before I start let me get something straight. I consider myself a casual gamer. I admit I used to be a die hard gamer but i've gotten older, have a few jobs, friends, and a family. So it gets hard to balance all that with a healthy dose of video games. Often times I only get to play about 1 -2 hours every 3-4 days. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Anyway onto the games I've played and loved.

Metal Gear Solid 3- Best game of the year. Best game in the last 3-4 years to tell the truth. Now don't think this is a biased review. I personally am not a Metal Gear Solid fan. I played MGS2 and hated it. I played the remake of the first one on the gamecube and thought it was okay. However, this game is different. Other than the obvoius, which is that it plays just like a movie. The story is absolutely AMAZING. With the best twists I've ever seen in a Metal Gear game. Now my only advice about this game is when you begin it is a little complicated withn all the healing yourself manually, and feeding yourself manually, however after 1-2 hours into it you will breeze right through. Do not pass up this game! It's amazing.

Resident Evil 4- I just started playing this game, and it's AMAZING! The graphics are the best I've seen on any system. It's so disgustingly real it's beautiful. I am a real sucker to the series, however It's also a whole different resident evil game. I'm not going to give it away, but if you think you're up against zombies. You are wrong. Fucko! This game is highly disturbing also, as you classic Resident Evil fans know. However, this is much much worse. The graphics are soooo real that I was kind of speechless when a maniac with a chainsaw ripped my head off in one second flat...I'll pretty much leave this review here....

Halo 2 - I know alot of people are going to hate what I'm going to say, but I believe Halo (the series in general) is really over rated. Don't get me wrong, Multiplayer Halo is fun, fun as hell, but that's all it is. It's just my opinion but I would rather be playing a Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Zelda, GTA, Mario sunshine, Ninja Gaiden game rather than a Halo game. Then again I've never been a fan of te First Person Shooters, although I will admit Halo is probably the best FPS I've played. Although I had more fun playing the First person shooter entitled XIII.  The only major beef I have with the game is that it is pretty much the same game from a few years back with only a few significant add ons. In my opinion the game could have been called Halo 1.5 rather than Halo 2.

GTA: San Andreas - Haven't played it yet, but apparently it's even more free roaming, and has even more add ons. You can now play basketball, sky dive, swim, aside from the homicidal car jackings. But GTA is always gonna be respected in my book. Even though it's not I've ever got into.

Ninja Gaiden - This game was beautiful. The graphics we're slick as hell, it even gave me the old school video game feel, worth a play though.

Animal Crossing - I know, I know, this game came out 2 years ago. But It has to get some respect! This game is awesome. The only disadvantages about it are that it's TIME CONSUMING! I would love to see this game go online.

Anyway that's all for now.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Stefen

Animal Crossing is the greatest of all time. It should go on every year end list every year.