Reno 911

Started by Gamblour., August 11, 2003, 07:55:48 PM

Gamblour.

Has anyone watched this show? It's pure genius..."Alright, I got two passes to the state execution, so you know what that means...Scavenger hunt!"
WWPTAD?

Ravi

This show is hilarious.  They're always crashing their cars or setting them in neutral and letting them roll away or having them stolen.

Sleuth

I keep trying to watch it because some of those guys are from The State

and while I haven't seen The State, I've seen Stella and I love that

so my track record with former State members is good
I like to hug dogs

filmcritic

There's a connection between the show and "Hard Eight". Crime in Reno!
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

pete

does anyone else enjoy this show as much as I do?  it's my favorite show recently and I can't stop watching it.  I think these cats can end their skits better than the most.  I really love a lot of the double twists and such.  their slapstick humor is also touch-notch.  kerry kenney rules.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

The movie should be pretty good too.

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, the show is really funny.  The recurring guest stars are always a riot (Patton Oswalt as a perp who takes D&D too far is a fave), and the show has what possibly is one of my favorite scenes in recent memory, when Garcia is coerced into putting down a 'sick dog.'  Just the way he talks to the dog makes me smile.  I heard they filmed season 3&4 concurrently, but where the hell is 4?  Back in the fall when the new dvd comes out?

pete

haha, yeah, also that skit when garcia put the dog down had such a wonderful twist ending!  sometimes I saw those twists coming and they were still pretty good.  I heard on the season 2 dvd there was a live performance they all did at the aspen comedy festival that was supposed to be something too.  anyone seen it?
as for favorite recurring guest stars, I liked Terry the gigolo.  he had the best reactions.  the weird old man who sits on the side of the street and reports non-criminal activities is also pretty good.  and the racial conflicts and tensions is handled really well.  it doesn't feel forced or awkward, it's never about ooh look at how racist they are or ooh look at how angry the black people are, but actual funny interplays.  "which ni**er took the donut?" was so good.
I don't understand how thomas lennon and ben garant can be so good and so funny yet write scripts for the worst movies.  but I guess that's what happens to most comedians. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on May 21, 2006, 08:32:05 PMI heard they filmed season 3&4 concurrently, but where the hell is 4?  Back in the fall when the new dvd comes out?

Read the last line:
http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=5519.msg226346#msg226346
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks