Action!

Started by edison, December 12, 2005, 07:55:36 PM

edison

So did anyone see this when it was out? I remember a little of it and from what I can recall it was really funny. So i'll probably get this when it comes out (2/21).

The set includes all 13 episodes. Extras include commentaries and a featurette. I dont like that it is unbleaped, that would be like unbleaping Arrested Development, thats one of the things that makes it funny
Retail: $24.96

Kal

Im definetly getting that!

I loved the show and hated that it got cancelled...

grand theft sparrow

I have been waiting for this for SO long!  It was the Arrested Development season 3 of 1999. 

Quote from: edison on December 12, 2005, 07:55:36 PMI dont like that it is unbleaped, that would be like unbleaping Arrested Development, thats one of the things that makes it funny

Nah, it'll be great.  The humor from the bleeps in Arrested comes from how inappropriate it is at that moment for them to swear. With Action, the humor comes from how obnoxious Jay Mohr is.  Censored or not, the malicious intent of his words is what's funny.  Bring on the potty mouth, I say!

Ravi

I'll be getting this DVD.  Hilarious show.  It was probably too insular for the average viewer.

Kal

Got the DVD and started watching tonight... and I didnt remember a lot of stuff...

The show is good, and Jay Mohr is especially great here. But I kinda understand why it was cancelled and why it didnt impress people.

You can compare a lot of things to Entourage now, and you'll see how clear the difference in the writing and production is.

Also, I personally dont find Illeana Douglas very attractive or hot, which kills it a bit as well as she is the main female lead.

Watched only the first 4 episodes now... but I'm not as excited as I remembered...

Anybody else get it?

Ravi

Quote from: kal on February 25, 2006, 01:28:17 AM
But I kinda understand why it was cancelled and why it didnt impress people.

The lead characters were almost completely unlikeable.  Dragon is a total asshole, and the show depicts HW in a cynical and unglamorous light.  Not in that easily accessible soap opera-ish or melodramatic way, but in that ruthless dark comedy, "these are greedy, shallow, and stupid people" way.  It's probably something that only people seriously interested in films and HW would enjoy.