The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

matt35mm

Quote from: P Heat on May 31, 2011, 06:20:23 PM
Lena Endre wasn't a bad idea though

Exclusive: Swedish Actress Lena Endre Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'The Master'
The Playlist

With filming to set to begin soon, casting continues on Paul Thomas Anderson's highly anticipated untitled religious film aka "The Master." Just yesterday a trio of thesps—Jesse Plemons, David Warshofsky and Laura Dern—came aboard the film and now another name previously linked, has come aboard as well.

Reps for Swedish actress Lena Endre have confirmed to The Playlist that she has joined the film in an unspecified supporting role. The actress was first revealed to be in the running for a whole last month alongside the aforementioned Dern, Madisen Beaty and Amy Adams. No word yet on the latter two, but it appears that so far Anderson is able to get the leading ladies he would like for the film.

Endre is perhaps best known to audiences worldwide as Erika Berger in the Swedish film trilogy of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" books. She also plays Katarina Ahlsell in the celebrated series "Wallander" and has also collaborated with Ingmar Bergman on a number of projects including "In The Presence Of A Clown," "Sunday's Children," "The Best Intention's" and "Faithless" (Bergman directed the first film, and wrote the other three).

Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix topline the film which begins production on June 13th.

Fernando

the master...of indecision casting

P Heat

If it matters, Definitely better than Q.T's casting lol. There I said it.

would be awesome if he throws in Baker Hall in the mix
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

modage

BAM!

Amy Adams Joins Paul Thomas Anderson Pic
Source: Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Amy Adams has formally been set to star in Paul Thomas Anderson's untitled film, which begins production later this month. She will play the wife of the character played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. He plays a man who returns from witnessing the horrors of WWII, and in an attempt to find himself, he forms a belief system that catches on in the 1950s. Deadline revealed in early May that Adams was being courted. Joaquin Phoenix has also been set to play the faith leader's right-hand man, and I've heard there have been conversations with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo's Lena Endre and Laura Dern for other roles. The Weinstein Company acquired worldwide distribution rights to the film last month just before the Cannes Film Festival. Megan Ellison is producing through her Annapurna Productions banner, along with JoAnne Sellar and Daniel Lupi, with Ted Schipper exec producing.

Adams is coming off her Oscar-nominated turn in The Fighter, and she will do this film before starting production on Man of Steel, playing Lois Lane in the Zack Snyder-directed Superman franchise reboot. Adams will next be seen in the Walter Salles-directed On The Road, which is being shopped for domestic distribution, and Disney's Muppets. She's repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and WME.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I'm okay with that.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

The experience of following every detail of the run-up to a new PTA film and sharing that with all of XIXAX has become an inseparable part of the enjoyment of his films for me. I love that we're getting to do it all over again!

Sleepless

Can't say I'm too excited about Amy Adams. I think I've got her figured out now. She has two modes, but once you know which level she's operating thing she does the same thing every movie.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

At least it's not Witherspoon.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: Sleepless on June 01, 2011, 02:32:00 PM
Can't say I'm too excited about Amy Adams. I think I've got her figured out now. She has two modes, but once you know which level she's operating thing she does the same thing every movie.

Amy Adams is great. She just needs a director who will challenge her. A director, for example, like PTA. This has been an exciting couple days of casting news.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

Quote from: Stefen on June 01, 2011, 02:34:19 PM
At least it's not Witherspoon.

True.

Quote from: polkablues on June 01, 2011, 02:41:43 PM
Amy Adams is great. She just needs a director who will challenge her. A director, for example, like PTA. This has been an exciting couple days of casting news.

I just feel like I've seen everything she can do. If anyone can make her interesting again though, it'll be PTA.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Kellen

So awesome that we're going to have another P.T. film shooting soon!  Can't wait!  :bravo:

P Heat

Best news that P.T's untitled project has had so far than getting financed is that Witherspoon WILL NOT be in it.

I'm with some of you guys and Amy Adams. Hopefully her role will be small  and if not I'm sure she won't ruin it. Maybe P.T like what saw in her with "Doubt" and is thinking of making her a type of Scientologist Nun lol. Why not Julianne Moore?? :yabbse-undecided: just throwing that out too.

Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Fernando

Quote from: matt35mm on June 01, 2011, 02:21:14 PM
The experience of following every detail of the run-up to a new PTA film and sharing that with all of XIXAX has become an inseparable part of the enjoyment of his films for me. I love that we're getting to do it all over again!

word!

Sleepless

If they're really your friend they will.

And you'll pass them on to us, of course!

matt35mm

I wish I had friends.