Back to the Future

Started by Redlum, July 22, 2005, 08:10:39 AM

MacGuffin

Lloyd keen for Back to the Future 4

There have been rumours of a "Back to the Future 4" for years – one had Sarah Michelle Gellar linked to the project, playing a youthful scientist, another had Michael J.Fox being downgraded to cameo player – but rumours being rumours, they were burnt quicker than mulleted-hair near a wall heater.

In an interview with BTTF.com (for their forthcoming DVD "Looking back at the Future"), Christopher Lloyd says he'd be keen to wear the frizzy locks of Doc Brown again – and if they could pull it off, 'Great Scott' he'd be there.

"I think it'd be a wonderful thing if it could be pulled off," Lloyd professes in the documentary. "I don't know what the angle might be or whatever, but if Bob Gale wants to write another one and Bob Zemeckis gets excited to do it, anything could happen."

In 1999, Amblin commissioned several writers to pen treatments for a potential "Back to the Future 4", but the project was ultimately shelved.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

McfLy

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 29, 2006, 01:21:45 AM
In 1999, Amblin commissioned several writers to pen treatments for a potential "Back to the Future 4", but the project was ultimately shelved.

And there it shall remain. Or else.

MacGuffin

Please, Nike, make me some future shoes

Remember those awesome shoes Marty McFly wore in Back to the Future Part II? Despite the fact that the movie was made sixteen years ago and online petitions are about as useful as mowing your lawn with a spatula, that hasn't stopped one man from trying to get Nike to create a pair of shoes like the ones donned by our favorite time-traveling, vest-wearing, Huey Lewis and The News-listening pal.

http://www.petitiononline.com/future2/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Its valid, but I dont think its going to happen because not a lot of people would buy them. They did a limited amount of the Steve Zissou shoes, but they were almost impossible to get and expensive.

McfLy

I bet the technology exists for a pair to be made with the auto lace/auto size feature. It just wouldn't be economically feesable to produce, but it would be great if they made just one for the hell of it and auction it off to the highest bidder.

edison

This is pretty cool, it's an "editing experiment" where someone with a lot of time synched up the enchantment dance so you can see where all the Marty's are at the same time.

Sal

Fantastic find.  Thanks!  I will be going to see BTTF 2 and 3 tomorrow at the grauman's.  Cannot wait...

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Universal's Future Ride To Close

The venerable Back to the Future ride at the Universal Studios theme park in Los Angeles will close down forever on Labor Day, after which time it will be revamped as a new Simpsons-themed ride scheduled to open in summer 2008.

In anticipation of the 14-year-old attraction's imminent demise, Future co-star Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown) appeared at the theme park on Aug. 2 and told SCI FI Wire that, for him, "it's been a great ride!"

The ride has been a fixture at the theme park since 1993, hosting what park officials estimate is 61 million flights.

As part of the closure countdown, Universal is sponsoring an online contest for fans to submit 90-second video tributes to the ride and movies and a sweepstakes to win a 1981 stainless-steel DeLorean auto like the one transformed into a time machine in the movies.

Also on hand at the ceremony were the movies' special-effects supervisor Kevin Pike and screenwriter Bob Gale, who was nominated for an Oscar for the first Back to the Future. Gale said the time-travel movie "still resonates today with kids."

Skeleton FilmWorks

pumba

Oh man, when they closed the E.T ride i nearly cried.

I was wondering when they were going to nix BTTF - but it's still a little painfull.

On a lighter note: how cool do you think a SIMPSONS ride could be! This get's me giddy.

Ravi

Is the ride going to still be at Universal Studios in Florida?  I'm pretty sure I rode it there.

hedwig

Quote from: Ravi on August 04, 2007, 12:49:42 AM
Is the ride going to still be at Universal Studios in Florida? 

they got rid of it already.

Ravi

MacGuffin

BTTF.com have just announced that Universal will re-release all three Back to the Future films on DVD on 2/10/09, and Back to the Future will be a 2-disc Special Edition with new bonus material.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 24, 2008, 09:45:48 PM
BTTF.com have just announced that Universal will re-release all three Back to the Future films on DVD on 2/10/09, and Back to the Future will be a 2-disc Special Edition with new bonus material.

The "Buy it on DVD Again Right Before We Release the Blu-Ray" edition