When one of us makes it big...

Started by ©brad, May 23, 2003, 10:45:36 AM

Ernie

I would definitely like to post here and continue to support xixax when I'm a professional filmmaker, that would be cool. I would stop the first sense of bitterness or bullshit jealousy I got though. Just considering how many aspiring filmmaker's there on this board and the inevitable fact that at least a few of them won't make it big or decide that it wasn't really the job for them. I know I would be a little bitter if somebody on this board made it and I didn't, if I was still working at the video store trying to raise money for a bad short film...I would be a little bitter.

But that won't happen, I'm either going to be a filmmaker or die trying. There's no other job out there for me that I wanna do for a long time. I'll work anywhere for a couple years to raise money and get my foot in the door but not for life. So yeah...I am as serious as can be about it. There's no reason for me to not make it.

I'm going to tell xixax inside jokes everywhere when the time comes to make sonowthen's idea work, that's great stuff.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman

I'm going to tell xixax inside jokes everywhere when the time comes to make sonowthen's idea work, that's great stuff.

That sounds like a cool idea, Id love to see a reference to it in one of your guys movies. Just keep it quiet. And if you are really a thug, you mention the c&c board

Xixax

You heard it here first.

"XIXAX" is the new "82"!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

now i know ill sound like a moron, but here goes: maybe we should have a secret xixax handshake. yes... now i truly am king of the geeks!

Gold Trumpet

I want to be a filmmaker and all (runs cliche line) but I honestly don't think I will make it. I'm still going to give it my best and all, but my location is a shot one and I am the most uncomfortable guy at trying to get around a major city. I couldn't see myself dealing with NYC but maybe a smaller big city at best right now. Who knows though, I'm still very young and unaware of a lot of things I can and can not do.

~rougerum

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Xixax

Sloth, I will answer that before anyone has the opportunity to post something insulting.

http://www.ptanderson.com/featurefilms/magnolia/secrets.htm
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Duck Sauce

Quote from: XixaxSloth, I will answer that before anyone has the opportunity to post something insulting.

http://www.ptanderson.com/featurefilms/magnolia/secrets.htm

Its never going to be cool if everyone knows about it!!!!

Shoulda let him try and figure it out.

Sleuth

As soon as I saw the link, it dawned on me.  I really did know it SERIOUSLY I DID okay bye
peace
I like to hug dogs

Xixax

Quote from: Duck SauceIts never going to be cool if everyone knows about it!!!!
82 isn't exactly a well kept secret anymore. Cut the boy some slack, yo!
[/size]

Mellow Fellow

a xixax handshake would be awesome, im gunna go write some xixax references into a script, later
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

MacGuffin

If you guys ever hear these words spoken in a movie...

Quote from: sphinxwraa

Quote from: mogwaiCheck yo nuts if dey still works.

...you'll know I wrote it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

if you ever see a character in a movie named MacSpinx P. Mogwai who has a son named Reg (short for Reggie) Karate who's girlfriend is named Budgie Picolas, u'll know i wrote it.

Redlum

Quote from: ebeamanI'm either going to be a filmmaker or die trying. There's no other job out there for me that I wanna do for a long time.

Failure is only postponed success as long as courage coaches ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.
- Herbert Kaufman
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas