Friday Night Lights

Started by RegularKarate, October 10, 2006, 07:57:24 PM

polkablues

Quote from: ddiggler on January 15, 2011, 01:25:14 AM
loved seeing matt seracen show up at the end of the last episode. still have yet to watch episode 9, the fact that there are 5 seasons of this show is a gift. it's too bad it wasn't a bigger hit because they transitioned casts very well. there was one episode this season, i think it was the one where the team played the away game that really sold me on the new cast.  i like that every play doesn't have to involve matt seracen or tim riggins, it seems like more of a team this time.

it'll be interesting to see how it ends. the show could've easily ended after Season 3 and called it a day so the fact that we have these two seasons is a nice victory lap. making the Dillon Panthers the new nemesis was a stroke of genius.

Just watched episode nine. More Saracen = happy polkablues. It's a shame Zach Gilford will never live up to his potential in any other role.

Of course, the same could be said for Kyle Chandler, Taylor Kitsch, Adrianne Palicki, etc....
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

These last two episodes have been so good. I just want everything work out for everyone. I want Vince to get his college scholarship and for his mother to stay sober, I want Luke and Becky to live on a farm happily ever after, I want Riggins to find peace and I want the Taylor's to be happy.

Only one episode left in the series.  :yabbse-sad:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

You're right. I just looked.  :bravo:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

I didn't like the episode from last week, but this week's was great.  I guess my problem with it still is that they have two episodes left but the arcs are like mini-arcs: the school budget crisis came up two weeks before the finale, as did Tim Riggin, etc. etc.  they're not building any drama or tension in that manner.  the first season has that beautiful momentum; one injury creates 26 episodes' worth of conflict.  this season doesn't have much of that, it seems like the writers are just scraping together whatever to throw at their characters

- Buster Keaton

Stefen

the min-arcs could just be setting up the finale. I mean, the cuts having to happen gives Taylor and family an easy way to take college jobs while not letting down the students who want them to stay.

Does anyone else think the Taylor's baby is ugly?

pete

she's balding.  but she's cool.  it seems like the characters are actually interacting with her.
- Buster Keaton

Kal

They had said before that this season was to close arcs on all the characters, including the ones that have left. That's why that short moment of Smash Williams was there, and they are bringing everyone back. We'll for sure see some more surprise guests in the last couple of episodes. Wouldn't be surprised if Landry, perhaps Tyra and a bunch of people show up for State.

Sad this is almost over.

Stefen

Good second to last episode. Really set up the finale perfectly. Do the Lions win state? Nobody cares. What happens with the Taylor family?

I predict Lions win state by a slim margin (it's TV) and then the Taylors move to Pennsylvania so Tami can take the Dean of Admissions job and Billy Riggins is put as head coach (LOL) of the newly formed Dillon Panthers. Tim Riggins passes out in a ditch, wakes up, bangs some hot girl, has the worst day ever then realizes it's the best day ever, then Luke gets admitted to a good college and Becky comes with him, cut to Buddy Garrity, still in Texas as he talks some sense into someone, anyone, and then sells a car to them and reminds them they're making the right choice then Lyla comes back, reminds everyone shes hot but hasn't done a movie since this tv show, end credits as Coach Taylor grabs a packed box from the back of his Chevy Tahoe that now has Pennsylvania plates instead of Texas plates. Saracen helps.

I just want it to end awesome and good. Stuck with this show for awhile. I want it to end well.

Kal

I like your ending Stefen. I also hope it ends well. Makes me sad its over. It's really one of the best shows on TV and it has been amazing every year.

I don't think Lyla will show up, considering that she would come to bang Tim Riggins and he is already back with the other one. Plus she is in that movie with Leighton Meister and she'll be in the new Charlie's Angels, so she's got shit going on.

Saracen is awesome. He will probably propose to Julie or something.

And what happened with that stupid McCoy? They moved somewhere else? I don't think those actors were too busy to come back.

diggler

Lyla's amazing but Tyra's a hell of a consolation prize. I think they wrapped up Lyla's story last season when she came home from school. I like that they're creating real conflict with the Taylor marriage, although Tami is being extra shitty about it (that whispered "18 years" was a cheap shot). Also Eric just turned down a huge oppurtunity.

I hope it ends well. For some reason I though this past one was the last one but i'm happy there's one more. I like that it doesn't even matter who wins state in the end.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

I Love a Magician

would you not be shitty if you were in her position? after how shitty eric's been about it?

Stefen

She's done everything for Eric's coaching career, and then she gets, pretty much a bigger opportunity than Eric has ever gotten (Dean of Admissions beats Quarterback coach at a college) and Eric is giving her a hard time about it. I'm on her side this time.

And Tyra and Lyla are opposites. Tyra is freaky sex hot, but Lyla is wifey material pretty. It just depends on what kind of day bi-polar Riggins is having. Does he feel like getting rowdy, getting into dustups at the local watering hole, breaking the law, etc or does he feel like buying some land, settling down, starting a family, living happily ever after? It changes hourly with Riggins. He needs to see a psychiatrist. Get some pills or something.

polkablues

I just want Landry back for the last episode.  I miss that kid.  They just need to have a scene of him and Saracen hanging out.  Or the final scene after the Lions win State is that everybody celebrates by going to a Crucifictorious concert.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

I want all the season 1 kids back in a room together.  Or on the field.  Then I would cry.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.