Stories of chance...

Started by Mellow Fellow, March 08, 2003, 03:52:54 PM

©brad

Okay, here's some weird shit a la 9/11 that most of you have probably already heard:

The attacks took place on 9/11
9+1+1 = 11
Each WTC Tower had 110 floors, which is a multiple of 11
The aircraft which ultimately hit the Pentagon was American Airlines Flight 77. 77 is another multiple of 11
American Airlines Flight 11, the first plane flown into World Trade Tower2, had 11 crewmembers. A total of 65 people were on Flight 11. 6+5 = 11
The second plane, United Airlines Flight 175, hit the World Trade Tower 1 at 9:02 AM. 9+2 = 11
9/11 is the 254th day of the year. 2+5+4 = 11
After 9/11, there are 111 days left in the year
New York City (where the major attack occurred) consists of 11 letters
New York was the 11th state admitted into the Union
President Bush ordered flags to fly at half mast until 9/22, making an 11 day period of mourning"

Also, the famous $20 trick.

just for the record i think all this stuff is bullshit

children with angels

The number 82 follows me around, I swear... It's the number of the bus I catch all the time to a friend's house, I've got the number four times in raffles I've entered, it's always the page I seem to uknowingly stop at when I'm reading a book, it's the number of letters I've typed when I check on a text message, it's the number of people doing my course at university, it's the number of the house I stayed in while I was in Canada... I constantly feel like I'm living in some kind of freaky symbolic world! Probably psycholgical if I'm honest with myself though, I guess...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

fulty

Quote from: children with angelsThe number 82 follows me around, I swear...
Yeah,
And you posted your message at 8:04...!!
That means at 8:02 you were typing it...!!!
Oh, jees this is blowing my mind.

And today is March 9.
March is the 3rd month, which is 1 month after...2...!!!!
And today is 1 day after....8.....!!!!!
So...1 month and 1 day is................11.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAaaaauuuuugggggghhhhh

Sorry about that..must control blood pressure.
I will try and calm down.

So, anyway, I did notice another 8 & 2 in Magnolia.
During "One" there are 2 sex scenes.
Melora with the guy who is NOT her boyfriend,
followed by Jimmy Gator with the showgirl.
Both (2) have 8....shall we say "rhythmic thrusts" shown as the camera passes through the room.
Looks planned to me.   :wink:
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

sphinx

if you look for a number, it will appear everywhere

BonBon85

Quote from: sphinxif you look for a number, it will appear everywhere

You want to find the number (82) in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. (82) steps from a mere street corner to your front door. (82)seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere.

picolas

Quote from: BonBon85

You want to find the number (82) in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. (82) steps from a mere street corner to your front door. (82)seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere.

ruiners.

av8raaron

You can make yourself a pretty decent sum of money using that very practice.  Before 1/1/2000, pretty much every hack who claimed the Bible, the Torah, the Koran, or the Los Angeles Greater Metro Area Yellow Pages could be mathematically analysed to predict some end times even was using just this practice.
Fresh buttered toast.

fulty

Hmmm, interesting sentence....let's see.....

2 words have 2 letters and the other 8 don't.   :o
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.