Stories of chance...

Started by Mellow Fellow, March 08, 2003, 03:52:54 PM

Mellow Fellow

Has anyone else here had any experiences as fucked up as the one's in Magnolia?

This week I had a crazy one, but perhaps not on the same level...Ok, so Wednesday PTA gets in that fight at the party right? The same day I got suspended from school cuz I punched a kid in the face, perhaps not signifcant, but get this, the kid turns out to be on the football team and his number is 82. I assume I don't have to explain the significane of that to the rest of you.
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Mellow FellowHas anyone else here had any experiences as fucked up as the one's in Magnolia?

This week I had a crazy one, but perhaps not on the same level...Ok, so Wednesday PTA gets in that fight at the party right? The same day I got suspended from school cuz I punched a kid in the face, perhaps not signifcant, but get this, the kid turns out to be on the football team and his number is 82. I assume I don't have to explain the significane of that to the rest of you.

Why did you punch him, and did he fight back?

xerxes

it may just be me but punching a guy in the face who wears the number 82 doesn't sound like too much of a coincidence... or chance... or intersections or strange things told... or any of that

Mellow Fellow

i know its not that strange, i just thought it might be an interesting topic of discussion, and was hoping to hear of other stories that are interesting, i just thought mine was kinda funny
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

av8raaron

This cannot be one of those things.  This, please, cannot be that.
Fresh buttered toast.

av8raaron

By the way, nice "Boondock Saints" reference.  This board is kind of like 7-11...  It's not always doing business, but it's always open.
Fresh buttered toast.

Duck Sauce

In San Francisco about 8 months ago, just as you go over the bay bridge into the city, there was a billboard for the lottery that is like a scoreboard for the current value of the lottery jackpot, anyways on it were a bunch of frogs and the jackpot was "$82," something, I remember I always thought about it everytime I saw it about "how crazy would it be if it said 82?" and one day I caught it.

Mellow Fellow

yeah, thats the kind of cool little coincedences im talking about

SHAFTR

I think it is funny that PTA fans have 82 as their #
and Kevin Smith fans have 37 as their #

Also...Boondock Saints...is it really any good?  People are telling me it is really great...but these people normally have horrible taste.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

av8raaron

Boondock Saints is one of those movies that few people have seen, but those who have seen it love it.  It came out in theatres about the same time as Columbine happened and I recall theatres pulling it for that reason.  Fortunately, Boondock II: The Second Coming is in the works.
Fresh buttered toast.

SHAFTR

Boondock Saints seems to be the Reservoir Dogs of this college class.  It seems that every college male has a copy of it in their room.

I have yet to see it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pedro

Ehhh....it's alright...Willem Dafoe though, kicks major ass...

av8raaron

Fresh buttered toast.

snaporaz

i thought boondock saints was total crap. shaftr is right. but to be more specific, it's the frat-boy's version of reservoir dogs.

and frat-boys have awesome taste.

and i can't believe [well, yeah i can. shit like this is not surprising anymore.] that the director is going to make a sequel. how fucking distasteful. he made one film that alot of people liked, so now he's going to whore that out.

*shudder*

movies make me sick sometimes.

MacGuffin

I remember on the anniversary of September 11th, the New York Lottery numbers came up 9-1-1.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks