Weeds (showtime)

Started by squints, January 16, 2006, 09:05:44 PM

I Love a Magician

So I'm watching this show on YouTube and I don't think it's very good. I mean, it seems better than shit like Friends or whatever, but this quirky, bantery type shit gets on my nerves because it seems so impressed by its own cleverness.

Chest Rockwell

As I came home for the weekend I was able to catch up on all of Season 2 thus far via OnDemand. This show is becoming one of my favorites. At first the unrealistic quality of basically everything that was happening was kind of off-putting...but then I started to realize that it's just part of the charm of the show; I mean, it is about a suburbia overflowing with marijuana. But I stil feel wierd watching it with my mom, and I'll never look at a banana the same way again. Either way, really funny.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on October 07, 2006, 09:36:54 PM
But I stil feel wierd watching it with my mom, and I'll never look at a banana the same way again.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

yep. that's what he said.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

Raikus

Watch Dexter instead. First two episodes are available at sho.com. Michael Hall is great.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Chest Rockwell

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

Quote from: Raikus on October 13, 2006, 05:19:26 PM
Watch Dexter instead. First two episodes are available at sho.com. Michael Hall is great.

watch weeds and dexter.

©brad

sweet. jesus. the last shot of tonight's episode was bone-chilling.

you guys, this is the last time i'll say this-- you have to watch this show. it's the best writing on TV, by far. it's worth whatever you have to pay monthly for showtime.

2 more episodes left!

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad on October 16, 2006, 09:42:56 PM
it's the best writing on TV, by far.
that just gives me flashbacks of AD overhype. i'd rather expect a decent underrated show, overrating never helped anyone. but hey, at least it's not Ron Howard saying it, or someone employed by the show.. or is it?
under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: Pubrick on October 17, 2006, 06:04:40 AM
Quote from: ©brad on October 16, 2006, 09:42:56 PM
it's the best writing on TV, by far.
that just gives me flashbacks of AD overhype. i'd rather expect a decent underrated show, overrating never helped anyone. but hey, at least it's not Ron Howard saying it, or someone employed by the show.. or is it?

hahah, i wish.

i certainly wouldn't want to overhype anything. how bout i burn/ship you a DVD copy of season one, and then you can report back. perhaps your advocacy of the show will entice more ppl on the board to watch it (cuz mine is obviously not really persuading anyone)

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad on October 17, 2006, 08:19:06 AM
i certainly wouldn't want to overhype anything. how bout i burn/ship you a DVD copy of season one, and then you can report back. perhaps your advocacy of the show will entice more ppl on the board to watch it (cuz mine is obviously not really persuading anyone)
i would not be averse to accepting such a generous offer. but i'm sure ppl will come around regardless.. speaking of which, are you still coming down to the land of plenty (except water in some parts), or did that stingray make you change your mind?

PM time i guess.
under the paving stones.

Weird. Oh

does mentioning that Zooey Deschanel has been in the past 3 episodes do anything for any guys on here? Great show, hot girl.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.