this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

Fernando

Quote from: P on August 23, 2010, 03:39:08 AM
Quote from: polkablues on August 23, 2010, 03:17:55 AM
KarlJan was referring the Swedish fellow that his link went to

This confusion could be avoided if people labeled their fucking links.

I would never have checked samsong's link if you hadn't explained wtf it was.

^^ yeah.

also:

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. *

* im referring to sambong's cee-lo link, which song was it?

edit: new page, sorry stefen.

polkablues

The song is called "Fuck You". It's pretty much everywhere on the Internet right now, so just do a search and you should be able to find a working copy.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

That's the song right there:

It's good as fuck (you)

modage

Quote from: polkablues on August 23, 2010, 11:17:40 AM
The song is called "Fuck You". It's pretty much everywhere on the Internet right now, so just do a search and you should be able to find a working copy.

Listomania: Three Movie Scenes That Really Could've Used Cee-Lo's New Jam, "Fuck You."

Everyone watch these:
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2010/08/three_movie_scenes_that_would.php
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

yeah it's alright i guess but it has little replay value and the constant swearing makes it feel like it's trying too hard.

anyway, i really like the new song by Ben Folds from his upcoming collaboration with Nick Hornby (he wrote all the lyrics). it's called From Above and you can hear a good chunk of it at the end of this interview where they discuss the album and the ideas behind it. a definite steal.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: P on August 24, 2010, 11:46:41 AM
yeah it's alright i guess but it has little replay value and the constant swearing makes it feel like it's trying too hard.

Is constant swearing a problem to you or is it just the over repetition of it?  That's what seemed to bother me.  The occurrence of vulgarity doesn't faze me much, but the song was probably a minute too long to me.  I don't know, I'm not a huge Cee-Lo fan.  I only liked half of Gnarles Barkeley. 
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on August 24, 2010, 11:55:38 AM
Is constant swearing a problem to you or is it just the over repetition of it? 

i have nothing against swearing by itself (obviously) in songs or otherwise, i was introduced to it early on through NWA and countless other mad cunts who pretty much made an art form out of it. it's the fact that the song has not much else going for it and it knows it. the reason it's "all over the internet" is not because it's some amazing song, it's just because ppl like swearing like they just turned 15 or something. it's embarrassing. the idea of the song is stupid too, OK we get it, she was obviously not that great a girl and the point is made in the first minute, why go on about it? jesus even Kanye (jesus 2?) made something interesting out of the standard gold-digger motif.

it's similar to my complaint against amateur films. constant swearing for no reason at all is LAME. being impressed by it makes you no different than someone who loves Boondock Saints.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

It's a good-enough song, but it's a shame that it's so big because of the swearing.  Cee-lo is great and he's had way better songs than this.

I only liked half of Gnarles Barkeley. 

You mean the white half, you racist?

Stefen

Is this the fastest played out song in history? 2 DAYS!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

when I saw everyone posting it and without knowing anything about it I figured the lyrics would be exactly what the title suggested, and I was right.  but I liked the song because of its execution - it's classy and catchy and for a gimmick it's surprisingly well thought out.  I was just telling my friends the other day how joke songs don't try very hard anymore and mostly stay at the level of the SNL digital shorts or flight of the conchords - or much much worse.  the gold standard for me would always be "every sperm is sacred" from monty python's meaning of life.  they had one joke in that song but they carried it through with conviction, musicality and production.  I was very glad that Fuck You's listenable outside of its one-joke premise.  that's a step in the right direction.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 24, 2010, 01:02:27 PM
It's a good-enough song, but it's a shame that it's so big because of the swearing.  Cee-lo is great and he's had way better songs than this.

I only liked half of Gnarles Barkeley.  

You mean the white half, you racist?

No I mean the songs (on St. Elsewhere, still haven't heard Odd Couple):

Go-Go Gadget Gospel
Crazy
St. Elsewhere
Just A Thought
Transformer
Who Cares?
Necromancer
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Fernando

ive been listening this all morning:

children with angels

Kimbra - Settle Down (this could also justifiably go in the Music Videos thread):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RcuPW5Veo&feature=player_embedded#!
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

cronopio 2

i woke up today and watched the video of empire of the sun's standing on the shore on tv. that's a cool song...

also , la roux's in for the kill.

Jeremy Blackman

Chiming in late on Cee Lo Green's "Fuck You"...

I actually prefer the clean version, "Forget You." It's less distracting, and the change of phrase makes it more sad/meaningful than annoyingly aggressive.