this is a really good song.

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 17, 2009, 08:16:41 PM

Neil

recently i've really gotten into Paul Simon. His album, 'hearts and bones' really does it for me. This song didn't make the album, but some of the melody and few lyrics did make it in the song, "when numbers get serious," as the video states. I searched online for this song on youtube, and all I found was a sub par cover.

So, here it is, a throwaway song that's better than any song I'll ever think about writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoTb5bJa7hQ&feature=plcp&context=C33ca710UDOEgsToPDskI2eChCnb2yg1NKPHZPdh8N
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

polkablues

So something happened and Troy from Community ended up recording the best song of 2011.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

No way, dude. . Not THE best song, but his..

Brando

One of my favorite songs from 2011 was Cass McCombs' County Line.  I liked it the first time I heard it but the more I heard it the more I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcnITphyjk&ob=av2e
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

O.

superb

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

^ Edited with a better version of the song.

Frederico Fellini

Shedding a drunk tear to this beautiful piece of music right now...

Happy Thanksgiving...
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

squints

Just go ahead and say this is the song of the summer.

Too bad i listened to it about 119 times this last weekend.

So over it.

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

diggler

It really is an irresistible groove. I'm puzzled by the Pharrell choice (really?), but they made it work.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Lottery

It's typical Daft Punk, it's enjoyable and fun. But I'm glad it's not totally electronica-focussed or anything.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: ddiggler on April 23, 2013, 02:31:00 AM
It really is an irresistible groove. I'm puzzled by the Pharrell choice (really?), but they made it work.

Really?  I think he was a great choice. The record sounds like a classic Neptunes/N.E.R.D tune, so Pharrell singing the hook makes complete sense to me.  Between this song and the Robin Thicke/T.I collab, Pharrell has 2 of the hottest songs out right now.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

the recording of pharrells voice is really weird. most noticable at the very beginning.

Pubrick

Quote from: squints on April 22, 2013, 07:59:53 PM
Just go ahead and say this is the song of the summer.

or if you prefer, as i do, the orchestral version:

under the paving stones.