For Your Consideration - Dekapenticon's Campaign Thread!

Started by cine, November 26, 2005, 03:19:26 AM

cine

so this is for campaigning films you would like people to see and consider for their lists. you may write your reasoning for each film if you wish. nothing wrong with that.

some ground rules i'd like to make:

no spamming.

no debating about peoples campaign choices. this thread doesn't need discussion. you can revive the film's thread and talk about it there.

limit your choices to FIVE at the most please -- and put them all in one post if possible. for the sake of organization, really.

and now for MY top 5 films you must go find on dvd and watch/love/vote!

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

JG

First off, I'd like to second the recomendation of It's a Wonderful life.  Furthermore:

Gamblour.

I absolutely love this thread.

Sorry that last one's kinda big, but it's a cool poster I'd never seen.
WWPTAD?

Pas

life_boy

Wow, not a bad bunch of films recommended so far.  I plan on watching Battle of Algiers and Paper Moon this week.  The Idiots is a little difficult to get a hold of, but I'll try.

Here's some of my favorites you may have missed:

Aguirre, The Wrath of God[/b] (Werner Herzog, 1972)
Herzog is a consistently interesting filmmaker and this is, perhaps, his masterpiece.

The Band Wagon (Vincente Minnelli, 1953)
One of my favorite screen musicals with my all-time favorite finale (at the Dem Bones Cafe).  Simply incredible.

Don't Look Now (Nicolas Roeg, 1973)
Walkabout may be more groundbreaking, but I'd rather stick this one in and enjoy it on a rainy day. 

Grand Illusion[/b] (Jean Renoir, 1937)
A complex and powerful examination of freedom, class differences, honor and compassion

My Darling Clementine (John Ford, 1946)
Some of Henry Fonda's best work was done in collaboration with John Ford.  This film gets lost somewhere in-between Stagecoach and The Searchers; what those films achieve in raw spectacle, this film achieves with quiet grandeur.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

Quote from: Pas Rap on November 26, 2005, 10:16:04 AM

This was the one I was gonna do but Pas beat me to it...if not the greatest film, the greatest screenplay ever...
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

There will be so many movies listed here, but I'll have to make sure I get this first one rallied properly.  PLEASE SEE AT LEAST SCHIZPOLIS, PEOPLE!

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Tictacbk

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Pas

Many movies I nominated but tought I would never see on the Top 50 list are in the thread. I like that.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Jeremy Blackman