Elvis

Started by Xixax, March 04, 2003, 09:01:08 PM

Xixax

OK, I admit it.

I am wild about Elvis Presley.

I don't care if it's the svelte, hipster Elvis shaking his pelvis in the 50's, or the bloated grotesque sequin-wearing lardo of the 70's. I freaking love Elvis Presley.

His voice can easily move me to tears. There's just something about it.

So, why don't I like his movies?

A few of them are pretty good (Jailhouse Rock, Roustabout). and it's very entertaining in nearly any of them when he spontaneously breaks into song. I generally love musicals, too. I'm just not into most of his films for some odd reason. And I would think that I would be.

I would guess that I'm one of the older people here (34), so most everyone at Xixax probably doesn't care too much about The King. Am I wrong?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

av8raaron

The King had been dead a couple years before I was born, but growing up on a steady diet of oldies radio keeps Elvis high on my list of all-time favorites.

Fifty million of us can't be wrong!
Fresh buttered toast.

Duck Sauce

I did enjoy Viva Las Vegas

MacGuffin

MIA (OS)
                      Now I'm gonna ask you a bunch of
                      quick questions I've come up with
                      that more or less tell me what kind
                      of person I'm having dinner with.
                      My theory is that when it comes to
                      important subjects, there's only
                      two ways a person can answer.  For
                      instance, there's two kinds of
                      people in this world, Elvis people
                      and Beatles people.  Now Beatles
                      people can like Elvis.  And Elvis
                      people can like the Beatles.  But
                      nobody likes them both equally.
                      Somewhere you have to make a
                      choice.  And that choice tells me
                      who you are.

VINCENT
                      I can dig it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Based on the Bram Stoker Award nominee short story by acclaimed author Joe R. Lansdale, Bubba Ho-tep tells the "true" story of what really did become of Elvis Presley. We find Elvis(Bruce Campbell) as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his "death", then missed his chance to switch back. Elvis teams up with Jack(Ossie Davis), a fellow nursing home resident who thinks that he is actually President John F. Kennedy, and the two valiant old codgers sally forth to battle an evil Egyptian entity (a mummy) who has chosen their long-term care facility as his happy hunting grounds.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

I am so pumped about this movie. Coscarelli rules.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

It's so funny. I have my winamp playlist on and as soon as I clicked on this thread Tea for Two Cha Cha ended and A Little Less Conversation started. WEEEEIRD.

Yeah, Elvis kicks fantastic amounts of ass.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls