stand-up comics

Started by chinaski40, October 06, 2003, 04:19:57 AM

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 13, 2004, 01:30:14 AM
Entertainment Weekly posted their list of America's Funniest Comedians (yeah, I know they aren't all stand-ups):

1.) Chris Rock
2.) Jon Stewart & The 'Daily Show' Team
3.) Will Ferrell
4.) Larry David
5.) David Chappelle
6.) Ellen DeGeneres
7.) Bill Murray
8.) Amy & David Sedaris
9.) Robert Smigel
10.) Jim Carrey
11.) David Letterman
12.) Aaron McGruder
13.) Jack Black
14.) Wanda Sykes
15.) Augusten Burroughs
16.) Scot Armstrong
17.) Conan O'Brien
18.) Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson
19.) Bernie Mac
20.) Maya Rudolph
21.) Demetri Martin
22.) Catherine O'Hara
23.) ego trip
24.) Sarah Silverman
25.) Dave Attell
25.5) Kelly Ripa

Seinfeld should be there... Vince Vaughn should also be there with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller... Steve Carell... Robin Williams... there are many missing... and the order is wrong too!

pete

I loves myself some arj barker and harland williams.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

The one and only: Bill Hicks

David Cross
Jim Gaffigan
Patton Oswalt
Dave Attel
Dave Chappelle
and a lot of people find him annoying but i love Brian Reagan
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

squints

Speaking of which...Jim Gaffigan has a new stand-up special on Comedy Central Sunday at 9pm (Central)
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

the new york comedy club is running a special on tickets to fill it up for the new comedy central series being taped there this spring.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

Quote from: pete on January 28, 2006, 11:11:15 AM
LINK?

no link. my friend evan told me about it as he was handing me some tickets that he picked up in manhattan a couple days ago.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

Comedy Central's running episodes of Comedy Central Presents all day today, until Jim Gaffigan's special at 9pm/8pm central.

squints

i know! its fantastic..i've been watching it all day

godardian

Margaret Cho and Janeane Garofalo.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

RegularKarate

Quote from: godardian on February 03, 2006, 12:49:09 PM

Five years ago.

I've even kind of been disapointed by Cross lately... his politics are getting in the way of the humor.

Patton Oswalt is hands down my favorite right now.
Zach G. is also just brilliant.

I think Paul F. Thompkins is also totally underrated.  He changes his material faster than anyone else I've seen more than a few times... he keeps it good too.

godardian

Quote from: RegularKarate on February 03, 2006, 02:05:23 PM
Quote from: godardian on February 03, 2006, 12:49:09 PM

...yeah. I haven't really kept up on my stand-up. Not my favorite mode, really; I just know what I like. I liked the Sarah Silverman movie, too (the stand-up parts; I could've done with half the skits/numbers).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

©brad

what about dane cook? he's hysterical and very hot at the moment.

also, george carlin is still alive.

RegularKarate

Quote from: ©brad on February 03, 2006, 04:09:25 PM
what about dane cook? he's hysterical and very hot at the moment.

also, george carlin is still alive.

Dane Cook is a theiving hack... he was funny for five minutes and now just floats on bullshit and frat-guys...

sorry

Carlin was so good in his day, that I can't bring myself to discuss his downfall.

squints

Dane Cook is a myspace whore