Hail to the Thief leaked

Started by Dirk, March 30, 2003, 08:28:50 AM

phil marlowe

i cant really see why this is bad news. the rough mixes sounds pretty good with me, and then i just have a hard time being sad hearing the tracks will be mixed further more for the album.

but then again, thats just me. im thrilled.

Sleuth

Maybe the "rough" cuts were purposely leaked so that the real album will come and blow us away
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

from www.greenplastic.com

radiohead has released a message stating that the music currently leaked on the internet was performed and recorded in a closet.  the only instruments available at the time were two salt shakers, a length of  tightened fishing wire and a bottle cap.  the final release is expected to have much higher production values

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Wauv! Then i'm looking forward to the real recordings!

Jake_82

Anyone notice the "I'm Drunk, Punch Drunk at a wedding"? weren't radiohead at the premiere of PDL? hmmm... not saying they were influenced, since they did have that other song "Punch-Drunk Lovesick Singalong" but its interesting
your reality is at the end of your dream

Sleuth

They've talked about this before, Radiohead was first and PTA says that it was just a coincidence and he does like Radiohead
I like to hug dogs

moonshiner

early mixes or not it sounds fucking good.....i'll be glad if the final mix sounds different, kind of our own little glimpse into pre-production, for this copy....i will buy get it June 10th no matter what, what a sweet birthday...i should own this site just for it
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

sphinx

Quote from: Jake_82Anyone notice the "I'm Drunk, Punch Drunk at a wedding"? weren't radiohead at the premiere of PDL? hmmm... not saying they were influenced, since they did have that other song "Punch-Drunk Lovesick Singalong" but its interesting

from listening in on mariotti discussin's' with pta, he says that he was aware of it and stuff, but it wasn't a direct influence

Sigur Rós

Sail to the Moon......wauv, this track is beautiful. One of the best Radiohead tracks i've heard!

RegularKarate

It's "Drunken Punch-up at a wedding"

Punch drunk was in an older song.

MacGuffin

Radiohead Bassist Slams Internet Leaks  

Apr 04, 2003 (WENN via COMTEX) -- LATEST: RADIOHEAD's COLIN GREENWOOD has followed bandmate brother JONNY in slamming the people who leaked their new material on the internet.

Greenwood, who plays bass in the acclaimed band, was furious when he discovered that the tracks posted onto the web were bad quality early mixes that did no justice to completed long player HAIL TO THE THIEF.

He says, "I just wanted to back up what Jonny said. We're all unhappy with the wrong mixes from the wrong songs being stuck up on the net. It's like having your house done over halfway though having it done up.

"All the attention is gratifying, but we want it when all our hard work's done and the best it can be. Until then, this is all just unhelpful noise. Wait until you see the final, real, finished album."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

I like how it says they "SLAMMED" the people who leaked it.

It's obvious they were disapointed that they weren't the finished product, but I don't think they were furrious... they seem pretty laid back about the whole situation.

Dirk

According to ateaseweb.com, there is going to be a special edition released with the lyrics printed inside with, I'm assuming, Stanley Donwood and Thom Yorke art.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

MacGuffin

Don't try to make up for it, Dirk. I already turned you in and gave them your name and address. Run and hide.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks