Die Mommy Die: This looks hilarious!

Started by Just Withnail, October 21, 2003, 11:29:25 AM

Just Withnail

You guys have to check out this trailer, it's funny as hell. It has taken that whole Far From Heaven style, and used it to the extreme. It really looks like a 40s movie. Take a lookie:

Ghostboy

I can't wait to see it. I have a pass to see it tomorrow, but I'm seeing the Hedwig And The Angry Inch stage show instead. But I'll see it when it opens this weekend.

edison

bonanzataz

yeah, i saw anatomy of a scene for this on ifc. having grown up on a lot of these kinds of movies, i'm not really digging the approach to this. it looks like a lot of cheap shots and not as clever and subtle as it could've been. it seems like it will be riddled with the same problems as psycho beach party, which went for stupid, obvious jokes. that movie was still kind of funny (as i'm sure this one will be), but the movie was just dumb and didn't live up to its potential. the humor of die mommie die seems to be in the same vein. i'll see it first before i pass judgment, but from what i've seen, it doesn't look very promising.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls