voting for the Xixax Dekapenticon

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 03, 2003, 05:05:36 PM

xerxes

Quote from: rustinglassforeign film titles: original language or english?
ex: Le Fabulous (?) destin d'Amelie Poulain or Amelie?
hana-bi or fireworks?

and (has nothing to do with it):
Mulholland drive or mulholland Dr (imdb)

i say any title you want... the admins are very bright, i'm sure they can figure out what movie you're talking about

Kev Hoffman

People should be reminded that years may be needed at the tail-end of a movie name.

For example, you wouldn't want King Kong of 1976 to get voted over King Kong of 1933.

That doesn't go for remakes either, some with the exact same title will have to be noted.  One example I can think of:  Jersey Girl of 1992 and Jersey Girl of 2004 (though this wouldn't come up, it's for demonstration purposes).

ono

Quote from: rustinglassforeign film titles: original language or english?
ex: Le Fabulous (?) destin d'Amelie Poulain or Amelie?
hana-bi or fireworks?
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaAlso, for the alphabetical thing, do you want English or Foreign language titles.  For example:

Amelie
versus
Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le
Whatever the most common name is. We'll do our best to figure it out when there's a conflict, though.

The Silver Bullet

Will you publish a list of every nominated film also? Like, just so we know what was in there?
And a top fifteen directors based on the number of their films that were nominated?
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: The Silver BulletWill you publish a list of every nominated film also? Like, just so we know what was in there?

Thats a good idea. I know I nominated a few films that may get the reaction of, "What the fuck?". I think a lot of people prolly did the same

QuoteAnd a top fifteen directors based on the number of their films that were nominated?

Another great idea. This list could go into effect right after the nominations and before the actual voting. I think this list also should be made.

modage

or to ease up the workload on the administrators, create a thread where everyone who voted posts their own choices there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: themodernage02or to ease up the workload on the administrators, create a thread where everyone who voted posts their own choices there.

Brilliant!

... but let's wait until the list of 50 has popped up.  Otherwise people will be campaigning thier favorites and trying to change other's minds.

So far, based on the votes I've been keeping tally of, the 50 list might be a little surprising for some.

ono

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: themodernage02or to ease up the workload on the administrators, create a thread where everyone who voted posts their own choices there.

Brilliant!

... but let's wait until the list of 50 has popped up.  Otherwise people will be campaigning thier favorites and trying to change other's minds.

So far, based on the votes I've been keeping tally of, the 50 list might be a little surprising for some.
Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I do have a list of 30 right now, but I don't plan on submitting it until I've seen more of the so-called "great films."  And I imagine that's the same with a lot of other people.  Otherwise, it would be criminal, some of the films I'd've omitted from my list.

meatball

Nah, wouldn't be criminal. Remember that subjectivity isn't only allowed... it's encouraged!

:twisted:

And I don't think we need any 'so-far' nomination lists. We aren't basing our picks on other people's picks, are we?

The Silver Bullet

How about we just wait until the deadline passes, people? Once it's done so, we'll get the list of directors, the top fifteen and the complete ballot. If people want to share their own top thirty from that point on, they're free to do so.

I'll shut it now.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

modage

Quote from: RegularKarateBrilliant! ... but let's wait until the list of 50 has popped up.  Otherwise people will be campaigning thier favorites and trying to change other's minds.  So far, based on the votes I've been keeping tally of, the 50 list might be a little surprising for some.
yeah, definitely wait until after the deadline, so no one can be influenced.  i'm very curious to see what ends up on the first 50.

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaWell, I don't know about everyone else, but I do have a list of 30 right now, but I don't plan on submitting it until I've seen more of the so-called "great films."  And I imagine that's the same with a lot of other people.  Otherwise, it would be criminal, some of the films I'd've omitted from my list.
i dunno, maybe.  but its kind of a best favorites. and i doubt any movie i watch in the next couple weeks is gonna best evertything i've seen in the last 20 years to become one of my choices.  remember, there's always next year.  so it seems like people should pretty much know what their lists will be for the most part, unless there's a severe classic or two they have to check out first.  there IS only a few weeks left right till the Dec. 1st deadline?  how soon after will the 50 be posted?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

We are now setting a deadline of December 1. Get your nominations in by then, and we should hopefully have the results soon after.

Jeremy Blackman

modage

hope everybody got their votes in.  i'm interested to see what makes it on the big list.  how long will people have to vote on those before the final is released?

SoNowThen

I want everyone to know I'm gonna go on a wild killing rampage if The Conformist isn't on the top 50...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.