INLAND EMPIRE

Started by MacGuffin, May 11, 2005, 04:50:02 PM

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Brazoliangeany new news? *begs*

i found something!... :yabbse-grin:

not sure if its anything to get excited about though.  but i do like this image..also, i have some peeps who live in la la land and i asked them about inland empire.and they said it was the "meth capitol of california"...and its full of factories/industrial shit....

hedwig

that is a very nice image

Pas

I heard from some guy who knows a guy that worked with a guy .............. that he somehow managed to make his DV image feel as warm as his other stuff. Anyway, maybe I just believed some random bullshit from a random bullshitter.

Thank god thank the precious gods that Lynch gives next to nothing on his film... hype prevention is so underrated.

MacGuffin

There are some new photos up over at Chrysta Bell.com in Gallery 4 of a Video Shoot with David Lynch. Could these possibly be from a scene in Inland Empire? Only time will tell.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

skye_thorstenson

"David Lynch retains his marquee value by keeping audiences waiting. Studio Canal was screening a Cannes promo reel for his new "Inland Empire," featuring a cast wearing rabbit heads."

read that blurb from an old article in the hollywood reporter. link below.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/columns/risky_business_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000929026

MacGuffin

Inland Empire Update

Dark Horizons has a brief report from the set of Lynch's new film, Inland Empire. Here it is:

"Inland Empire" Eyewitness Report
Posted: Tuesday August 16th, 2005 2:12pm
Source: Dark Horizons
Author: Garth Franklin

'ME' just completed two days as a featured extra on the new film, "Inland Empire" directed by David Lynch and starring Harry Dean Stanton, Laura Dern and newcomer Terryn Westbrook. Here's his full report:

"The film has been filming since 2003, at which time my sister-in-law was an extra. Having taken off time from work to have a baby, she only did the couple of days In Dec '03 when Lynch shot for several days just out of LA (most of the film was shot in Poland) and did no more. When the opportunity arose for extras again - she declined, but I decided to look into it. What do you know? I got two days work.

I didn't get the script, we were only given a BREAKDOWN of our scene, and that's all. Lynch said very LITTLE to us on both days. The DP was more sociable, and the casting director was lovely. What I can gather is that it's a Twin Peaks-like mystery about a woman that dissapears near the San Gab mountains.

We did auditorium scenes - crowd, typical red-robed curtains behind lounge act - which went over three days, though I was only available for two. The task was to basically sit, in awe, of the performance in stage - played, comically - though I'm assuming my smile will be overshadowed by my look of awe. Not that you'll see my in the finished cut, I'm row P - right-back, near entrance. It's a REALLY dark theatre (though not theatre, just a set near San Gabriel mountains here) too.

We do hear music BUT it's not coming from the singer's mouth. She lip-synches, and I believe they fix it all later - - - or something. I didn't recognize the singer/actress. An older man was there directing ? her music.

The film was shot on Digital Video, so I imagine it's going to look VERY cool. It's an experimental film for Lynch, so it is hard to say how it will go (and at one stage I believe it was going to be made for DavidLynch.com only), but it will be interesting to see the finished product - no less.

Laura Dern was on the set on the second day, I think she's going to be playing a role in the film too - maybe even a starring one? - and Kyle MacLachlan (barely recognizable, because of his SILVER hair!) turned up too late afternoon on the Thursday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

cooper?, silver hair?,  twin peaks spinoff? sounds great..

thanks mac....

72teeth

I just hope the Silver Hair is over something traumatic and not just cause he's over the hill...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Just Withnail

Apparently Justin Theroux likes spilling beans.

The link'll take you to a great Village Voice interview with Theroux, which not only contains the following saliva inducing IE tidbits:

Quote[...] enthusiastic about Inland Empire, though the Lynch process apparently isn't any less baffling the second time around. "You're so used to directors who have a clear idea what they want, but with David, you have to be flexible enough to just trust him—and it's more fun, it frees you up from all that actor bullshit baggage." As for details, Theroux says, "David's playing his cards typically close to his chest." He reveals that the movie contains "some completely bizarre sex scenes," but adds, "I couldn't possibly tell you what the film's about, and at this point, I don't know that he could. It's become sort of a pastime—Laura [Dern] and I sit around on set trying to figure out what's going on.

"I do know that something David really liked about Mulholland Drive was that it had this previous life as a TV show—he equates it to doing a painting that's shelved, someone gives you money to finish it and says, here's three more feet of canvas. With this one he's just giving us scenes—and me, Laura, and Jeremy [Irons] have to justify and make sense of whatever that is. Sometimes someone will show up on set you didn't even know was in the movie. Julia Ormond showed up two weeks ago and David hands me a scene where she's my wife! I'm like, I wish I'd known that! But in a weird way you're glad you didn't."

but a pretty funny Magnolia reference as well.

QuoteThis fall, he'll direct his first film, a "simple three-hander" called Dedication: "It's not particularly heavy lifting. I don't want to try and make Magnolia, which I think a lot of first-time directors do."

(Oh, and it's got some info on his new film The Baxter.)

Fernando

Quote from: Justin TherouxSometimes someone will show up on set you didn't even know was in the movie. Julia Ormond showed up two weeks ago and David hands me a scene where she's my wife! I'm like, I wish I'd known that! But in a weird way you're glad you didn't."

:laughing: That's awesome, got to love Lynch for that.

Thanks for the link.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Just WithnailHe reveals that the movie contains "some completely bizarre sex scenes,"

haha..cool  thanks just[in] & withnail

makes me thinks of the already bizarre lynch sex scenes:

eraserhead-  milk sex
elephant man- elephant sex
dune-  ?  
wild at heart-  redneck sex over the rainbow and "say fuck me"
straight story- ?
lost highway-  bullet-time sex, skanky, hot car sex, and from here to  eternity sex
fire walk with me-back at one-eyed jacks sex, nicotine sex
mulholland dr.-  delicate and passionate lesbian sex...btu soem evil fingering
blue velvet-"daddy wants to fuck", fabric[ated] oral sex, and dragon noise sex

72teeth

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
straight story- ?

I'm sure Farnsworth got off at least once from all the John Deere vibrations...

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

72teeth

Yowza Yowza Yowza