The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

modage

Philip Seymour Hoffman & JoAnne Sellar Downplay 'The Master's Scientology Connections In EW; Plus 12 New Images
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/08/9-new-images-from-master.html

Apparently there's also a new trailer for the film playing in front of "The Bourne Legacy" this weekend..?

Hey, there was definitely a new trailer in front of BOURNE LEGACY. Joaquin banging a window while Hoffman spoke. Amazing.
It had Joaquin banging a window rhythmically through out. Adams shoots a rifle at one point.
It had Hoffman being led away by police (different shot than others), yelling back at the house. Joaquin kissing in a car.
That's really the extent of what I remember, I'll ask my friends that saw if they remember any other details.
amc century city, friday 730pm (via)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: modage on August 11, 2012, 12:49:04 PM

Apparently there's also a new trailer for the film playing in front of "The Bourne Legacy" this weekend..?

Hey, there was definitely a new trailer in front of BOURNE LEGACY. Joaquin banging a window while Hoffman spoke. Amazing.
It had Joaquin banging a window rhythmically through out. Adams shoots a rifle at one point.
It had Hoffman being led away by police (different shot than others), yelling back at the house. Joaquin kissing in a car.
That's really the extent of what I remember, I'll ask my friends that saw if they remember any other details.
amc century city, friday 730pm (via)

I freaking new it! They're probably releasing that on August 19 - 21... One last trailer before the movie opens on Sept. 21st.

Edit: But I don't know if it's a good idea to show even MORE footage at this point... If it drops, I probably won't watch it.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

Reel

Fuuuck, dude. I bought a ticket to Bourne last night because they wouldn't let me in an R rated movie without I.D. but I didn't go near it because I hate Bourne. I'll never get into it. Big mistake, wish people were quicker on announcing dis shit.

InTylerWeTrust

Meh... It's gonna come out in a week or so anyways... I don't like "Bourne" either BTW, I don't know how people can watch that shit, the camera is way too shaky, I get headaches. 

On another note, Has any NYC theater been confirmed for a 70mm showing yet?

P Heat

^^
It's NYC bro, someone will.

I live in Miami beach and it's a guarantee the film won't even play in a real 35mm print lol. I'm certain there's no theater's like that anywhere in south Florida. I'm thinking now of just waiting till it comes out on bluray. At least that might use some 70mm negative.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Reel

Quote from: P Heat on August 11, 2012, 06:07:03 PM
I live in Miami beach and it's a guarantee the film won't even play in a real 35mm print lol. I'm certain there's no theater's like that anywhere in south Florida. I'm thinking now of just waiting till it comes out on bluray. At least that might use some 70mm negative.

that's the most depressing thing I'll read all day. Cuz I'm pretty much in the same boat  :yabbse-undecided:

got my fingers crossed for ONE theater. Don't think it'll happen, though.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

I was just thinking about how boring I find Jeremy Renner to be as an actor, and then remembered that he was almost going to play Freddie. Thank Fucking God that didn't happen.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: matt35mm on August 12, 2012, 12:24:43 PM
I was just thinking about how boring I find Jeremy Renner to be as an actor, and then remembered that he was almost going to play Freddie. Thank Fucking God that didn't happen.

Yeah... But I was checking out the early pages of this thread this morning and it was even worse. You guys were talking about Robert Pattinson or Shia Labeouf and even Paul Dano to play Freddie... and you were NOT being sarcastic. Needless to say, my WTF levels rose to an all-time High. 

matt35mm

Those sprung out from an April Fool's joke, I think, but yeah, I actually did like the idea of Pattinson as Freddie, back when Freddie was written to be a guy in his 20s. That was based on the early script, which I did read. Obviously, I'm happy about Phoenix in the role now, but when everyone was just talking about actors in their 20s, I thought and still think that Pattinson is an actor to take seriously. I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies though. I was originally basing my assessment on how he was in public, and now I've seen COSMOPOLIS, which I think shows him to be a daring and capable performer. So fuck it, I'll stick up for him.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: matt35mm on August 12, 2012, 12:40:27 PM
Those sprung out from an April Fool's joke, I think, but yeah, I actually did like the idea of Pattinson as Freddie, back when Freddie was written to be a guy in his 20s. That was based on the early script, which I did read. Obviously, I'm happy about Phoenix in the role now, but when everyone was just talking about actors in their 20s, I thought and still think that Pattinson is an actor to take seriously. I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies though. I was originally basing my assessment on how he was in public, and now I've seen COSMOPOLIS, which I think shows him to be a daring and capable performer. So fuck it, I'll stick up for him.

Well, I have seen the twilight movies, actually that's the only thing I've seen him in. Which is why I think he sucks. Over-acting is this guy's forte.

Renner doesn't fit the role. Paul Dano doesn't fit either. Labeouf is yuck. I believe PTA made a brlliant decision in casting Phoenix... specially because of where Phoenix is right now in his career and people's perception of him as a lunatic. 

P Heat

The thing about Renner was that when he was doing serious film test scenes the crew kept hitting a "wall" with him. Basically P.T made a mistake and found Renner to be not as good of an actor that he needed LOL. So instead of bashing him in public they mutually disagreed on the role being for him. I hope PT mentions this in an interview in the future hahhaha.

Also I kinda wished P.T gave PBH a very small cameo role in the movie.  I miss him and he would of fit right in if you ask me. Maybe PSH's grandfather or somethin' lol . He's getting REALLY old and PT doesn't have much time with him so he should slap him in Inherent Vice ;)
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Cloudy

P where did you read about that? I've never heard about him "hitting a wall". Makes way too much sense.

malkovich

InTylerWeTrust

Is there seriously ANYONE out there who DIDN'T see this coming?.... 

I wish I was in Toronto... or Austin... or Venice... or New york.... or L.A... FUCK MY LIFE.