DVD burn, burn....

Started by aclockworkjj, July 05, 2003, 09:04:55 PM

aclockworkjj

Okay....before I mess up a perfectly good DVD-R....anyone willing to offer advice on what I have to do in order to copy a dvd (you know....., that I already have, just to have a backup...yeah)????

My burner came with Easy Creator, but I never installed, cause I perfer Nero...I have burned cd's just fine, but haven't tried copying a DVD....Anything special to it?

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

ok...come on dickheads!....you all do it...so spill the beans!!!

ReelHotGames

you can go out and buy a copy of dvdxcopy or dvdxcopy express and your computer will do all the work for you. But if that's not in your budget you will need a few freeware programs that you can get at www.doom9.net as well as instruction guides, but here's the basics for copying the basic movie only, no extra features

using DVDDECRYPTER you will rip your movie to your harddrive

using IFOEDIT you will create IFO tables for your main movie files

you may then BURN

simple eh...

Okay - now let's say yoru main movie file is too large to fit onto a DVD, then you must use ReMPEG to compress it and then use IFOEDIT to reformat for burning.

Simple eh....

Go out and buy DVDXCOPY it will be the best thing you ever do.

you can also try www.e-lunatic.org to download a copy of dvdxcopy express (for trial purposes only - this copies only the main movie with no extras)

Okay. Try doom and use the guides, it ain't hard, but it ain't easy. If you need a more thurough explanation email me and I will email you my layman guide
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

aclockworkjj

Recce

I got my mac nearly 5 months ago and I still haven't found a mpeg 2 encoder(so that they can be burned on DVD's). I downloaded DVD studio pro, but the encoder that came with it doenst seem to work(or i dont know how to set it up properly). Anyone know of any sites that have these encoders for macs? I went to DOOM-9, but it seems to be all PC stuff.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

aclockworkjj

SHit...I still suck in reguards to this...then again, until xixax mike informed me I was a dumbass in reguards to DVD-RW's....I was trying to burn a disk that doesn't work...shit.  -/+ ...piff, wtf.

ok, sorta a vague question...but let's just say, we'll call him...fuck it, his name is jj.  Say he deleted and wiped out his entire new computer the day he got it.  Started from scratch, re-installed everythng his way...cause he is anal.  

Could I have wiped out something important?  Realize, I can play DVD's fine as well as record DVD data fine.  I tried DVDxCopy...and I can get it to burn an image just fine...but the damn thing errors when actually trying to burn it.  The Video and audio track are there tho, as I can even watch them in my CIneplayer....

The hell is my deal, besides being dumb?

btw, Where has Michael been?...I hope well....

Ghostboy

Quote from: RecceI got my mac nearly 5 months ago and I still haven't found a mpeg 2 encoder(so that they can be burned on DVD's). I downloaded DVD studio pro, but the encoder that came with it doenst seem to work(or i dont know how to set it up properly). Anyone know of any sites that have these encoders for macs? I went to DOOM-9, but it seems to be all PC stuff.

I don't know of any free ones, but Quicktime Pro will do it, and it's only thirty dollars or so. It comes with Final Cut Pro, which I use, so I can attest to it working nicely.

Recce

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: RecceI got my mac nearly 5 months ago and I still haven't found a mpeg 2 encoder(so that they can be burned on DVD's). I downloaded DVD studio pro, but the encoder that came with it doenst seem to work(or i dont know how to set it up properly). Anyone know of any sites that have these encoders for macs? I went to DOOM-9, but it seems to be all PC stuff.

I don't know of any free ones, but Quicktime Pro will do it, and it's only thirty dollars or so. It comes with Final Cut Pro, which I use, so I can attest to it working nicely.

Yeah, I solved the mpeg2 encoding thing about four months ago. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Sarcasm aside, I downlaoded bitvice alias and it works fine. Simple and to the point. I have FCP4 and quicktime pro now, as well, so I can encode up the whazoo.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RecceI have FCP4 and quicktime pro now
cough, cough ...did you hear that JB??...cough, cough...

Recce

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: RecceI have FCP4 and quicktime pro now
cough, cough ...did you hear that JB??...cough, cough...

I don't get it.

Ghostboy

Crap, I really need to start looking at the dates on these posts.  :oops:

aclockworkjj

Quote from: GhostboyCrap, I really need to start looking at the dates on these posts.  :oops:
my fault...being the "dead thread poster" I am .... :oops:

ps. thks for helping the trumpet out GB.