there has been blood (and now QT's review of CMBB)

Started by pete, November 06, 2007, 01:06:10 AM

edison

Quote from: bigideas on February 02, 2008, 12:42:42 AM

did anyone make out what Daniel says at the end of the baptism?
it's something about the pipeline i believe.

this part actually got a lot of laughs when I saw it. Though I could only make out the word pipeline, I always figured he said something along the lines of "all this for a pipeline." The things we put ourselves through to get what we want.

tpfkabi

Quote from: edison on February 02, 2008, 06:11:16 PM

this part actually got a lot of laughs when I saw it. Though I could only make out the word pipeline, I always figured he said something along the lines of "all this for a pipeline." The things we put ourselves through to get what we want.

and he says it loud enough that Eli hears it, right (unless i'm imaging that there is an Eli reaction shot afterwards)? that's telling - Eli doesn't really care if Daniel is truly converted, he just wants to increase numbers/have more control and build status.

speaking of screenshots, i thought there were DVD screeners out there. i am wanting to see a grab of the final shot before credits roll.

btw, whomever mentioned the cross, that was a very keen observation - relating it back to when the girl pinned it on the worker and Eli's blasphemy. i remember wondering why PT held on the passing of the cross when they were going through the dead worker's things.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

polkablues

I'm finally going and seeing it for the second time tomorrow.  I'll try and remember to pay close attention during the end scene and see if I can crack the case of the glass/plastic vodka/water bottle.
My house, my rules, my coffee

I Love a Magician

Quote from: edison on February 02, 2008, 06:11:16 PM

both times i've seen the movie i've heard "god is a pipeline"

FrunLg

After he mumbles "this for a pipeline" or something to that effect, doesn't he get up and walk over to eli (with the blood of lamb music playing), shakes eli's hand and says something to him which the audience cannot hear? But as he walks into the crowd we see a very concerned look on eli's face. Did this happen, i cannot remember, but it's nagging me. What do you think he said? I can only imagine it was like something he said eariler..."I'm going to bury you..." Which is probably the next scene after "i'm finished", no?

tpfkabi

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: FrunLg on February 03, 2008, 11:53:23 AM
After he mumbles "this for a pipeline" or something to that effect, doesn't he get up and walk over to eli (with the blood of lamb music playing), shakes eli's hand and says something to him which the audience cannot hear? But as he walks into the crowd we see a very concerned look on eli's face. Did this happen, i cannot remember, but it's nagging me. What do you think he said? I can only imagine it was like something he said eariler..."I'm going to bury you..." Which is probably the next scene after "i'm finished", no?

I just got back from seeing it again, and that bit bugged me in a way that it hadn't the first time I saw the film.  I really, really want to know what Daniel whispers.

Also, I thought it was vodka the first time around, but now I'm about 98% convinced that it's water.  And it's definitely a glass bottle.  I think it's like picolas suggested, it's a used liquor bottle that he now uses as a water bottle.
My house, my rules, my coffee

B.C. Long

Quote from: I Love a Magician on February 03, 2008, 03:42:43 AM
both times i've seen the movie i've heard "god is a pipeline"

99.9% Sure he says "There's the pipeline."

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Hannah Montana made more in one weekend ($29 mil) than TWBB (10th place this week @ $4.7 mil - $21.1 mil total) has made in six weeks.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

FrunLg

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 03, 2008, 09:56:43 PM
Hannah Montana made more in one weekend ($29 mil) than TWBB (10th place this week @ $4.7 mil - $21.1 mil total) has made in six weeks.
Why do you gotta make me depressed like that Mac?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

idk

After reading most of the script I've become somewhat disappointed with how much the film departs from the script. I realize the film still runs pretty long but I'd say too many of the things that didn't make it were more than worthy. One dramatic example is the altered final sequence in which Daniel originally throws Eli's dead body down the bowling alley shoot thing, I mean how is that not the coolest shit ever?! Another personal favorite is the conversation between Daniel and Abel at the derrick where Daniel tells him his son is a lunatic while his men are "fishin" for a piece of a broken bit or something. And the whole sequence at the beginning of the 1927 section where H.W. goes back to Little Boston. There are so many more, is it possible they were pressed for time and money? If so that is a real shame.

tpfkabi

so there are no more scenes directly between Eli and Daniel after the salvation scene until the finale, correct?

if what he says that is not heard is a second death threat as others have mentioned, then it makes perfect sense that Eli would leave. if i recall correctly, isn't there a scene of Daniel starring intensely as Eli is leaving on the train? then when they meet again at the end, Daniel now fulfills his promise given at the church.

p.s. it's quite funny the way he says "yes, i do."
and
"give me the blood lord and let me get away."

+++++++++++++
as far as Montana - isn't that a limited one week engagement and i'm sure it's in an infinite amount of more theaters than Blood.