NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

Those systems will all be nothing compared to the Nintendo revolution...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Raikus

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManThose systems will all be nothing compared to the Nintendo revolution...
You already have two options:

The real look...

Or the photoshopped "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" version.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Stefen

The thing about the ps3 is that it isn't just a video game system. it's an entertainment center first, video game system second. The controller fits when you think about it that way. It's like a state of the art remote. I like it. But yeah, Nintendo Revolution will kill all. Can you say Animal Crossing revolution? I can.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleuth

I've gotten to the point where the only video game things I like are Nintendo's gadgets and gimmicks.  Everything else is built around the same 3 or 4 engines
I like to hug dogs

GodDamnImDaMan

By the way that isn't the revolution. i'll post the real pictures later today when I'm at work and every video game site isn't filtered out.

But I wanted to start a new discussion about nintendo. No matter how much I love nintendo I do have to admit, Nintendo does make stupid decisions.

For the n64 it was not going to CD format when other systems already had.

for the gamecube it was moving to mini DVD rather than regular DVD. Also, the lack of online on the Gamecube really hurt it's sales.

But hopefully we'll see things go great with the Revolution, they've already confirmed it'll be online and actually wi-fi out of hte box. It'll also run on DVD's...but at hte same time ps3 is running on blu-ray DVD's so that can be debated as another stupid choice for nintendo.

Also, the Revolution (for those who have actually seen it) looks very generic. Not like the SNES, n64, or even Gamecube sickness. It looks much like a slimmer x-box...

I don't know, those are my random Nintendo rambles.

context, context, context.

Raikus

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManBy the way that isn't the revolution. i'll post the real pictures later today when I'm at work and every video game site isn't filtered out.
I had the real one linked but it went down. The one remaining is the fake, hence the caption.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

GodDamnImDaMan

SHAFTR

I'm very excited for the Xbox 360.  They seem to be making great choices so far.  The controllers are all wireless with chargers.  Microsoft has said all games will be widescreen and HD.  For custom soundtracks, MP3 players can hook to the back of the xbox 360.  They are concentrating on online play even more so than they already did with the Xbox.  A lot of great game developers have signed on exclusive for the xbox 360.

I'm really excited and glad it will be the first system.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Quote from: SHAFTRI They seem to be making great choices so far.  

to me , a great choice would be to suck the juice out of every console and its different game genres until there's a 'need' to defect to a different system.  there shouldn't be a need though.

arg i hate this trend of  consoles' lifespan lasting shorter and shorter and capitalism.
context, context, context.

Raikus

I like it because technology is moving at such a fast clip now that we don't have to wait 5 years for a doubling of bits. It's leaps and bounds and that means cool stuff awaits us in the near future.

Can't wait to buy my cell phone/mp3 player/internet messanger/holographic visual interface/voice activated command wrist watch for my 30th birthday.

GodDamnImDaMan

The lifespan of an average system is 5 years you fucks!

n64=Gamecube
Playstation=playstation2

Xbox 360 will be the first system released in a 4 years span.

Those fucks.

Reinhold

that playstation controller doesn't look remotely comfortable.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.