NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SHAFTRWIth the keyboard and mouse, FPS are made to thrive on PCs.
I agree.

Quote from: SHAFTRBut, as I said before, it's the best console FPS that I've played, when it comes to multiplayer.
Can you really say it's better than Goldeneye? (relatively/historically speaking)

Quote from: WalrusArgue all you want over FPS's, just know that the best RPG ever made was Fallout 2.  Closely followed by Fallout.
God bless you, Walrus.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Glad to see Fallout fans.  Now I can rant.

Fallout had such an amazing storyline.  You develop it, and it still operates with any action you take.  I especially love how in Fallout 2 they make reference to the first one but they're just so indirect as to refer to events without saying how you handled it so you could really play both in a row and see almost perfect continuity.

Fallout 2 tells you the end for every city even if you didn't go there, or didn't solve any of that city's problems.  Doing something in one town will affect another town.  In the end, it all ties together, whether you realize how you made things happen or not.  There was so much momentum for this series.  I heavily anticipated a third installment.  Interplay had a winning formula for RPG's at the time, and a Fallout 3 was going to be crack for me.  They had added so much to the second one, and there was still room for improvement.  The 3rd one would've been perfect.

But then they made Fallout Tactics.

Not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.  (Not the best of its kind, but certainly had some nice elements about it) I understand it'd be hard to live up to the predecessors, but honestly, did doing a squad based RTS seem like a good idea to the people who made RPG of the year twice in a row with the same series?  People love Fallout the RPG.

The storyline isn't totally dropped, but any sort of depth had by the other two was definitely lost in Tactics.  Tactics was more of the killing portion of Fallout, while missions were fun, being diplomatic was always a nice way to have a separate route in the game.  

Before they can come out with Fallout 4 (for which rumors were surfacing), Black Isle gets nixed by Interplay.

Those bastards.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

greatest console FPS

PERFECT DARK

greatest action game

NINJA GAIDEN [xbox]

greatest action/rpg

LEGEND OF ZELDA; ORCARINA OF TIME

greatest adventure  game

SUPER METROID

greatest RPG

FINAL FANTASY III [snes]

greatest survival horror

RESIDENT EVIL 4

greatest sports

TECMO SUPER BOWL [nes]

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: NEON MERCURYgreatest RPG
FINAL FANTASY III [snes]

I know I said Fallout was the best, but you certainly do put up a good arguement.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

UncleJoey

I love Final Fantasy III as well. What an awesome game. It took over my life in fifth or sixth grade, whenever it came out.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: SHAFTRBut, as I said before, it's the best console FPS that I've played, when it comes to multiplayer.
Can you really say it's better than Goldeneye? (relatively/historically speaking)

Well, that comment I'm speaking from personal experience.  Truth is, I wasn't a huge Goldeneye fan.  At the time I was really into PC FPS, so the fact that Goldeneye didn't have seperate controls for aiming and walking really bothered me.  I mean, if each person is on a differnet level, either you run at eachother to meet or it is a race to see who can aim at the other person first.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

GodDamnImDaMan

You guys hear the rumors about the next generation video game consoles?

-Supposedly the next Xbox (or "Xbox next" as it's come to be known as) is going to be released first much like the PS2 was this generation. The thing that bothers me, is that it is rumored that it will contain NO HARD DRIVE! If this is true this is insane. It was incredibly awesome that you could burn your favorite tracks onto your xbox and listen to them while playing certain games.

-Playstation wise, the PS3 is going to be using blue ray technology. Don't ask me what it means. I have no freggin clue. Playstation has a solid standing. It's going to dominate no matter how much I hate Sony and the Plastation

Nintendo's camp is hard at work on the "Revolution." I'm a huge nintendo fan, so it kills me to see Nintendo do everything wrong. They still haven't offered full online play to the gamecube! If they want to stand a chance against Sony and Microsoft they need to release the "Revolution" before "Xbox next" and the "PS3"
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nintendo definitely shot themselves in the foot thinking players wanted a console that didn't play DVD's, while two other much superior systems could.

Nintendo also shot themselves in the foot when they released their line up.

They need some good ideas, in the worst way possible.

UncleJoey

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManIf they want to stand a chance against Sony and Microsoft they need to release the "Revolution" before "Xbox next" and the "PS3"

How can they expect to beat Sony and Microsoft when they can't even beat Prince?
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

classical gas

That's it.  I'm with Stefen, you bastards are too witty for my tastes.

GodDamnImDaMan

SHAFTR

Well, a game suggestion I have is:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2

It is an extremely fun game on Xbox live.  It has a slow pacing but the gameplay is top notch.  I have a few issues iwht the menu interfaces and some server problems, but hopefully the upcoming patch will clear those problems up.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

classical gas

really, the prince reference is above me....i know little of the wee man.

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: classical gasreally, the prince reference is above me....i know little of the wee man.

classical gas