Why do you make movies?

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, October 17, 2003, 12:46:44 PM

Gamblour.

I can't see myself being happy doing (future, not present tense) anything else. Besides, I think I'd rather fail at this than get lots of money doing something, as mentioned, like a 9 to 5. I don't really see myself as getting married within the next, say, 20 years, so that leaves me open to be not worried about supporting anyone, i.e. make any money at all.
WWPTAD?

mutinyco

Because movies make more sense than real life.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Link

It's what makes me blissful.  The concepts, the writing, the moment when you realize you have a brilliant line, the making, the spontaneous moments, the editing, the stress, feeling you have at 4 am when you know you've finally finished it.  I don't think there's anything else out there that I would enjoy more, and I don't want to waste my time trying to find out if I'm right.  (mind you, I'm not saying I'm God's Gift to Cinema, but I do enjoy myself)

mutinyco

Just be sure to give your trusty hand a break...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Link

"A simple joke for a simple man." -George Costanza

:wink:

mutinyco

Spoken by a true master of his domain...

-St. Joe

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: GamblorI don't really see myself as getting married within the next, say, 20 years, so that leaves me open to be not worried about supporting anyone, i.e. make any money at all.

Just find a chick that will support you! Hahaha!

Recce

It's fun. And there's nothing like lying awake in bed at night thinking of shots or transitions that would work in a script.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: GhostboyI just have to.
DING! We have a winner.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

xerxes

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
Quote from: GhostboyI just have to.
DING! We have a winner.

second that... or third actually

Link

Aww c'mon, that's so cliched!  Anyway, I would have put that if I had read the thread earlier!!!!

:wink:

context, context, context.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: cronopioAll art is quite useless .

... to the uninformed mind...

Ordet

I'm an insecure moody-lame looser who has seen touches of beauty and the infinite connection in nothingness through Bill O'Reilly's why the hell am I doing this post talk.
I'm not afraid of dying but I'm afraid of living. I know the meaning of life and forget as I balance my checkbook. I'm barely learning how to drive and I love someone far away. I miss my father and need to call my mother. I'm the laziest and most driven-disciplined. I'm insane and analytical. I Live.

And want to touch all of you.

Cheers

wowowow :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:
were spinning